- Full-stack EngineerTinyMCE2016 - 2016
- Wrote the microservices in Node that are used to compile and serve custom version of the TinyMCE and its various plugins as well as package together the various languages it offers.
- Handled deployment using Beanstalk and Wercker.
- Worked on several important features for the main Tinymce.com website.
- Wrote a scraper and converter that automated the process of migrating their legacy docs to a new structure that used Jekyll.
- Project Manager, Architect, Lead DeveloperPatari2013 - 2016
- Conceived the application, wrote the specifications sheet, and designed the feature set.
- Created the wireframes, UX flow, and eventual design.
- Coded the back-end using Node.js, MongoDB, and Mongoose.
- Deployed to mobile devices using PhoneGap.
- Front-end DevoleperShopKick2014 - 2014
Technologies: Angular, D3.js
- Coded the entirety of the front-end for the analytics dashboard for this company, which eventually got acquired for close to 200 million dollars.
- Worked closely with the back-end engineers to spec out the API.
- Created interactive visualizations and charts using d3.js.
- Wrote extensive unit tests to ensure that the code was robust.
- The product is currently being used by big chains like Target and Macy's.
- Web DeveloperHalo Global Projects2014 - 2014
- Took on the project midway through when the previous team was fired. Coded the project to completion on a crazy deadline.
- Figured out the entirety of the back-end and front-end code on the fly, parsing through confusing spaghetti code, bad design, code coupling, and overall stink.
- Used HighCharts to set up beautiful charts.
- Took vague client specifications and translated them into a functional product, giving the client all necessary data and information with very little initial input.
- Developer and DesignerAainBaainShaain2013 - 2014
- Wrote the feature set and fleshed out the specs from a rough client brief.
- Implemented a custom-built eCommerce app built from the ground up and re-thought to be highly fluid, intuitive, and simple.
- Created the wireframes, developed a unique UI/UX flow, and led the design process.
- Coded the back-end using PHP and CodeIgnitor.
- Web and iOS DeveloperSongbird Ocarina, LLC2011 - 2014
- Developed a massive, extremely complex music composition app for the ocarina.
- Included a custom-built WISYWIG composer editor in both versions for ocarina symbols, including a complete recreation of Apple's text selection mechanism for musical notes.
- Included a custom-built music engine in both versions dealing with music programming, with features such as sample level gain adjustment, pitch shift, temp shift, mixing, etc.
- Coded a highly advanced and powerful midi importer for the web version to be highly robust and capable of handling tricky edge cases.
- iOS DevoleperBlack Salt Studios, Inc.2013 - 2013
- Took on an iOS Game midway after the previous programmer had quit, and fixed the messy, poorly written code from the ground up.
- Refactored the code, re-wrote major portions, optimized performance, and fixed bugs.
- Handled the process of app store submission on the client's behalf.
- Optimized the performance of a large number of elements being animated simultaneously to ensure that the frame rate never dropped below 60 fps.
- Lead Developer and DesignerStoriedGround2011 - 2012
Technologies: Flex, Air
- Managed a remote team.
- Led overall architecture and development.
- Developed product features and specs.
- Led the design and UI/UX of the app.
- Received glowing client feedback at the end: "One year and over 1,000 hours later, we know that we have been working with a uniquely gifted person. This has changed my view of outsourcing for the most outstanding talent around the world. There is no doubt from my nearly twenty years of software development, that Khalid is one of the Captains of Software. His deep commitment to the craft, his intelligence, and his outstanding creative mind will ensure that he will make a lasting impact on this industry."