Verified Expert in Engineering
Kirill is a lead full-stack engineer with 11 years of development experience in React and Ruby on Rails, including 3 years in leadership roles. He has worked remotely for 8 years and collaborated with clients from the United States and Europe. With strong engineering and project management skills, Kirill focuses on business goals and aligning technical solutions with the company's overall objectives.
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished is a seamless migration of a busy client front end to React
Lead Front-end Developer
- Led the migration from a legacy Vue/jQuery codebase to React/Relay in a critical user-facing system.
- Ensured smooth maintenance, facilitation, and expansion of the component library.
- Led midterm planning, research, and proof-of-concept activities for the transition toward a Next.JS single-page application (SPA).
- Co-led the successful launch of the Hyperwallet payment integration and other new product releases.
- Planned and kicked-off efforts to increase test coverage with Jest and Cypress E2E testing.
- Led a collaborative cross-team front-end workgroup.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed applications in Ruby (dry-rb stack) and Clojure with involvement in testing, QA, and architectural design.
- Participated in the migration to SOA, including design, planning, implementation, and documentation.
- Collaborated with project managers to plan and implement an optimal functionality set for the business, ensuring thorough feature planning and detailed execution.
Chloe + Isabel
- Removed ActiveScaffold controllers and replaced them with Rails controllers. Developed functionality in a high-complexity codebase comprising a Ruby on Rails back-end and a React and Relay front-end.
- Conducted critical path endpoint profiling, implemented relay endpoints, and contributed to general Rails development.
- Implemented Atomic design components and style guides to establish consistent component APIs, enhancing front-end development efficiency.
- Successfully reduced dependencies in the admin website, resulting in a notable improvement in the app loading speed.
Media Back-end Developer (Ruby)
- Conducted successful back-end profiling, which led to 4x faster video processing.
- Improved code coverage for the video back-end, increasing it from minimal to 90%.
- Implemented efficient asynchronous video processing within the pipeline, optimizing performance.
- Took part in the development of multi-origin file storage.
- Developed an API for media file upload and processing.
- Spoke at RailsClub 2014 and RailsClub 2015 conferences in Moscow.
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Implemented new features and conducted major redesign and refactoring.
- Led the implementation of an automated testing suite.
- Enhanced the code quality and clarity by applying DRY (don't repeat yourself) principles and unit testing.
- Led the Universiade 2013 Volunteer portal development. Designed core features, managed releases, and made architectural decisions. Provided hands-on experience with production server set up.
- Set up the production and staging servers and infrastructure.
- Managed a team of two developers and freelancers for the project.
Python Developer (Consultant)
- Developed a SOAP service for single sign-on inside the client's system.
- Developed multiple features the client required using Python.
- Collaborated with the client to ensure the proper delivery of their requirements.
Commerce Associate (Contractor)
- Participated in verifying and optimizing Google Maps data sources in the local market.
- Provided third-line technical support for the top 100 companies involved in the launch.
- Contributed to the launch of Google Shopping in the Russian market.
Localization Testing Specialist (Contractor)
- Developed automation tools for testing and analytics purposes.
- Prepared plans to enhance Russian to English localization across various Google products.
- Developed a specialized tool to analyze translation quality within Google Translate.
Web App for Sneaker Resellershttp://sellers.stadiumgoods.com
As the front-end lead for web development, my focus areas included facilitating the transition to a full React single-page application, designing and developing a component library, improving test coverage, leading product launches, and conducting end-to-end testing. I worked with product owners and managers to ensure a smooth development path that can be achieved within existing constraints. I also facilitated a cross-team, front-end workgroup and onboarded and mentored new developers.
In addition to the front end, I was involved in back-end projects, such as API development, the relay server, and testing.
Website/App for Prescription Medication in the UShttps://hellohippo.com/
As a senior developer, I was involved in architectural design, back-end and front-end development, and testing. The project included multiple services, an API for web and mobile front ends, and integrations with government healthcare organizations.
I also collaborated with project managers to plan and implement an optimal functionality set for the business, ensuring thorough feature planning and detailed execution.
Jewelry eCommerce Websitehttps://www.chloeandisabel.com/
I was involved in full-stack development for a high-complexity codebase, comprising a back end in Ruby on Rails and a front end in React and Relay. The project involved extensive legacy components and complex business logic.
On the back end, I implemented Relay endpoints and contributed to general Rails development. For the front end, I implemented atomic design components and style guides to establish consistent component APIs, enhancing the efficiency of front-end development.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Relay, Express.js, Factory Girl, ClojureScript, Jest, Cypress, Capybara, Next.js, YARN, Django
FFmpeg, React, Node.js, REST APIs, Resque, Devise, ImageMagick, Zencoder, Backbone.js
GitHub, Git, Sublime Text 2, RSpec, Webpack, ITerm, Zsh, Oh My Zsh, Mercurial, Jira
REST, Agile, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development
Storybook, APIs, Front-end, User Interface (UI), Front-end Development, Full-stack, Back-end, Web Development, Video Compression, UI Testing, User Experience (UX), CI/CD Pipelines, Architecture, Software Architecture, API Integration, FastCGI, RAML, Ajax, Software Development, Styled-components, Component Libraries, Dry-rb, Atomic Design
MacOS, OS X, Windows, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Specialist Degree in Software Engineering
Bauman Moscow State Technical University - Moscow, Russia