T-SQL Developer in Toronto, ON, Canada
Member since November 28, 2015
Konstantin is a software engineer with more than eighteen years of financial sector database work. He has long term experience in the development and performance optimization of large databases with diverse data structures. His SQL and DB creation skills are top-notch and he has an excellent grasp of ERP, ERM, and SQL scripts. He is a good communicator and works well with others.
Sr. Business Analyst2016 - PRESENTRoyal Bank of Canada
Technologies: Sybase, Teradata, Hadoop, Datameer
- Validated the consistency of the client data aggregation system to the business requirements.
- Created a layer of data quality validations for the risk-related data.
- Reverse engineered the database source code and recovered lost specifications.
- Made a cross-system data-health check.
Database Developer and Business Analyst2014 - 2015Incryptes Ltd
Technologies: MS SQL, TFS, Bitcoin, BlockChain, Agile
- Designed the database structure for Bitcoin exchange.
- Leveraged the unparalleled command of state-of-the-art trading platforms and business systems to implement and calibrate NICE Actimize system to expand the bank's capacity for global trade surveillance, AML, and employee monitoring.
- Responsible for complex data acquisition, analysis, modeling, mapping, and quality monitoring. Rendered and analyzed equity (EQ) and fixed income (FI) business models and performed ongoing maintenance of FI, EQ, and commodity product data.
Business Systems Analyst2010 - 2014Royal Bank of Canada
Technologies: MS SQL, T-SQL, HPQC, ETL, JIRA, SharePoint, Visio
- Optimized existing T-SQL code and external queries.
- Collaborated with business and development teams to verify project requirements and statuses.
- Demonstrated and contributed deep knowledge of Global and Capital Markets (Equity and Fixed Income products on global exchanges) to advance the effectiveness and usability of organization's client systems, eSolutions, and wealth management technology portfolio.
Team Lead and Business Systems Analyst2003 - 2009Deutsche Bank
Technologies: Oracle, C++, Java, PL/SQL, JIRA, SVN, SourceForge, VBA, XML
- Led a team of C++, Java, and Oracle developers.
- Optimized the database.
- Provided extensive analysis of exchange trading rules, regulations, and requirements in the United Kingdom, Europe, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Australia, and India to optimize equity trading platform for local specific requirements.
- Created the novel graphical data analysis tool for algorithmic traders.
- Successfully led microprojects including the ongoing improvements for Institutional Program Trading desk in London, the replacement of a MKI trading platform in Hong Kong, the replacement of an ODIN trading platform, the migration of an operation's cash business from Royal Blue Fidessa application to Arina, did disk-related data collection, worked with the Index Arbitrage, and the implementation of Sector-Swap.
System Analyst1996 - 2003Savings Bank of the Russian Federation
Technologies: Oracle, PL/SQL, VBA
- Migrated data from legacy systems to new Processing Engine and supported “go live” activities.
- Designed and implemented an alert system to measure and monitor the payment processing system performance in short and long terms.
- Skilfully managed performance and monitored processes of the bank's Oracle databases; providing comprehensive technical support for the users of the Oracle-based Central Payment Processing Engine.
- Created PL/SQL procedures and implemented major changes to the database structure.
LanguagesSQL, T-SQL, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
ToolsMicrosoft Excel, Confluence, Jira, Visio
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, Database Performance, Oracle PL/SQL, Sybase, Teradata, PostgreSQL
OtherPerformance Analysis, Currency Exchange, Capital Markets, Financial Data, Query Optimization, Stock Exchange, Investment Banking, Algorithms, Bitcoin, Data Structures, Algorithmic Trading, Stock Market Techinical Analysis, Cryptocurrency, Risk Reporting
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Waterfall Development
- Bachelor's degree in Experimental Nuclear Physics1991 - 1996National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (Moscow Engineering Physics Institute) - Moscow, Russia