Python Developer in Vernon, BC, Canada
Back-end Python Developer2015 - 2016OfferLetter.io (via Toptal)
- Created a web-based application using Python/Django.
- Developed both back-end (Django) and front-end (Bootstrap/Backbone.js).
- Implemented continuous integration/tests.
- Optimized performance (Django cache/Memcached).
- Provided SEO optimizations.
IT Consultant2014 - 2016UNICEF Myanmar
Technologies: Python, Django, Git, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Defined the recommended model for a computerized civil registration data management platform, which would be compatible with existing e-governance initiatives led by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology. Developed software requirements specifications for the system.
- Developed a computerized civil registration data management platform based on input from relevant stakeholders, accessible for concerned departmental officials at different administrative levels (central, state/region, district and township, with potential future expansion down to ward/village tract level).
- Defined protocols and procedures for data input, access, and storage in the computerized civil registration data management system. Handled database management, including a policy on information security.
- Developed a training manual describing the use of the system for the respective focal people at different levels.
- Trained a team of officials and core trainers at the central level.
- Established a backup strategy for the database.
- Provided a maintenance period after delivery of the system.
Software Development Team Lead2010 - 2014Madeprojects GmbH
- Played a key role in successfully delivering seven web application projects, varying in scale from a single-page application to a large scale CMS-driven integration project.
- Captured business requirements, designed technical requirements and managed specifications, developed applications, and managed the build process and overall project.
- Designed and developed RESTful APIs, client-side applications, CMS plugins, and modules.
- Displayed team leadership, including recruitment, mentorship, and performance management.
Information systems consultant2007 - 2010Asian Development Bank
- Collaborated on a variety of large-scale projects ($5 million+) with the Asian Development Bank, Ministry of Economic Regulation of Kyrgyz Republic, GTZ, Chamber of Audit of Kyrgyz Republic, Tajik Customs Service, and others.
- Developed detailed software requirements specifications (SRS) for the unified automated information system of Kyrgyz Republic Customs.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2009Shmel (Moscow, Russia)
- Handled end-to-end development of a distributed mobile content solution.
Senior Software Developer2006 - 2008HML Marketing (Houston, Texas)
- Handled design and development of CMS-driven web applications, including implementation of custom extensions and modules.
- Captured business requirements, specified technical requirements, and developed the application.
- Wenger company web-site (Development)
My responsibilities included capturing business requirements, design and management of technical requirement specifications, application development, build management, and overall project management. I designed and developed RESTful APIs, client-side applications, CMS plugins, and modules.
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Google Maps, Google API, Backbone.js
ToolsPyCharm, Virtualenv, VirtualBox, Subversion (SVN), GitHub, Git, Jenkins, Vagrant, WebStorm, PhpStorm
ParadigmsREST, Waterfall Development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, Scrum
PlatformsLinux, Joomla, MacOS, iOS
StorageSQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB
OtherAjax, User Research
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science1992 - 1997Kyrgyz Technical University - Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan