Back-end Python Developer2015 - 2016OfferLetter.io (via Toptal)
- Created a web-based application using Python/Django.
- Developed both back-end (Django) and front-end (Bootstrap/Backbone.js).
- Implemented continuous integration/tests.
- Optimized performance (Django cache/Memcached).
- Provided SEO optimizations.
IT Consultant2014 - 2016UNICEF Myanmar
Technologies: Python, Django, Git, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Defined the recommended model for a computerized civil registration data management platform, which would be compatible with existing e-governance initiatives led by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology. Developed software requirements specifications for the system.
- Developed a computerized civil registration data management platform based on input from relevant stakeholders, accessible for concerned departmental officials at different administrative levels (central, state/region, district and township, with potential future expansion down to ward/village tract level).
- Defined protocols and procedures for data input, access, and storage in the computerized civil registration data management system. Handled database management, including a policy on information security.
- Developed a training manual describing the use of the system for the respective focal people at different levels.
- Trained a team of officials and core trainers at the central level.
- Established a backup strategy for the database.
- Provided a maintenance period after delivery of the system.
Software Development Team Lead2010 - 2014Madeprojects GmbH
- Played a key role in successfully delivering seven web application projects, varying in scale from a single-page application to a large scale CMS-driven integration project.
- Captured business requirements, designed technical requirements and managed specifications, developed applications, and managed the build process and overall project.
- Designed and developed RESTful APIs, client-side applications, CMS plugins, and modules.
- Displayed team leadership, including recruitment, mentorship, and performance management.
Information systems consultant2007 - 2010Asian Development Bank
- Collaborated on a variety of large-scale projects ($5 million+) with the Asian Development Bank, Ministry of Economic Regulation of Kyrgyz Republic, GTZ, Chamber of Audit of Kyrgyz Republic, Tajik Customs Service, and others.
- Developed detailed software requirements specifications (SRS) for the unified automated information system of Kyrgyz Republic Customs.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2009Shmel (Moscow, Russia)
- Handled end-to-end development of a distributed mobile content solution.
Senior Software Developer2006 - 2008HML Marketing (Houston, Texas)
- Handled design and development of CMS-driven web applications, including implementation of custom extensions and modules.
- Captured business requirements, specified technical requirements, and developed the application.