Software and Data Engineer2022 - 2022Reddit, Inc.
Technologies: Data Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, Go, Scala, Python, Java, Spark, BigQuery, ETL, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Algorithms, Back-end Development, Machine Learning, Google BigQuery, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps)
- Developed algorithms to optimize advertisement revenue.
- Implemented model changes in Scala to include new features.
- Researched increasing revenue through better budget pacing techniques.
Python Quantitative Researcher2021 - 2021Tickup (Algo Fund)
Technologies: Python, Go, SQL, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Data Science, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Research, Pandas, Python 3, Quantitative Finance, Finance, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps)
- Designed and developed an algorithmic trading platform that connected multiple development components and technologies.
- Onboarded trading strategies from quant workspaces into the trading platform; performed backtesting and parameter optimization under different scenarios.
- Cleaned, managed, and consolidated data prepared for the go-live version.
Credit Risk Quant2018 - 2020Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Technologies: SQL, Python, C++, Data Science, Data Engineering, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Pandas, Python 3, Quantitative Finance, Finance
- Delivered an IRC/CRM regulatory project dictated by Brexit migration requirements.
- Enhanced aspects of the model to better reflect theoretical requirements and historical behavior. Conducted statistical tests and submitted them to the validation department.
- Improved the performance of the model implementation. Identified the current model's properties, which reduced the execution from days to hours.
Flow Rates Quant2018 - 2018BNP Paribas
Technologies: Python, C++, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Research, Quantitative Modeling, Finance, Quantitative Finance
- Contributed to the pricing and risk platform of an electronic transformation project.
- Implemented pricers and risk across rates products such as swaps, bonds, and futures.
- Enhanced the C++ library for pricing and risk calculations.
Quant Developer2017 - 2018Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Technologies: C++, Python, Simulations, Data Engineering, Pandas, Python 3, Finance, Quantitative Finance, Quantitative Analysis
- Collaborated with the model performance team to backtest the bank models for all asset classes.
- Improved and enhanced the Python codebase and user interface.
- Used Python and C++ coding for the simulation of risk factors and correlations, applied for calculating profit and loss, XVA, and margins.
Behavioral Modeler2016 - 2016Royal Bank of Scotland
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning, Scikit-learn, Data Science, Data Engineering, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Research, Finance, Quantitative Finance
- Led the behavioral modeling team in preparation for separating the Williams & Glyn division of the Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Developed predictive behavioral models for residential mortgages and current or savings accounts. The models' owner was the treasury, using them for the purposes of funds transfer pricing (FTP) and interest rate risk management.
- Coordinated the development of the Python library for the team and developed a web-based GUI for business users to run the models.
Python Quant Modeler2014 - 2016Barclays Bank, PLC
Technologies: SQL, C++, Python, Machine Learning, Scikit-learn, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Research, Finance, Quantitative Finance
- Developed predictive behavioral models for various portfolios of the bank's investment, corporate, and retail parts using historical time series data; was personally responsible for the residential mortgage book and the corporate term loans book.
- Managed the full lifecycle of the models, from data cleaning to presentation and documentation of results. Performed ad-hoc statistical analyses, scenario analyses, backtesting, and model reviews.
- Contributed to the quant analytics grad training, gaining exposure to all the departments of the bank.
- Performed ad-hoc statistical modeling and statistical data analysis for various projects of the team.
Consultant2013 - 2014d-fine, Ltd.
Technologies: SQL, Java, C++, R, Python
- Conducted current accounts modeling for a major bank based in Vienna.
- Developed a supervisory mechanism for the EU bank regulator.
- Gained exposure and experience in the large-scale application architecture.