DevOps Engineer2021 - 2022DEVELOP BRANCH, LLC
Technologies: DevOps, GitOps, Google Cloud, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Argo CD, GitHub, Terraform, GitHub API, GitHub Actions
- Set up Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) private cluster with access to the authorized network only. Did this for development and staging.
- Installed and configured Argo CD on one of the GKE cluster. This helped to achieve end-to-end GitOps practice.
- Created GitHub actions for five microservices to configure auto-deploy on the development using GKE cluster.
- Created Docker images for five microservices and deployed them on the cluster for end-to-end testing. Set up Terraform automation to create GKE cluster and invoke using GITHUB actions.
Senior Manager, Cloud Security and Architecture2021 - 2021Verizon
Technologies: Leadership, Cloud Security, API Security, 42Crunch, Prisma, GCP Security, Agile, Google Cloud, Secure Containers, Kubernetes, AWS IAM, DevSecOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure
- Led the platform security team accountable for the security cloud workloads across AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Identified a security vulnerability in GCP and rearchitected the GCP key management process using workload identify federation.
- Managed the team using Agile Scrum. Established the API security using 42Crunch across Verizon applications.
Senior Manager, Contact Center AI and Cloud Architecture2020 - 2021Verizon
Technologies: Leadership, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Dialogflow, GitLab CI/CD, CI/CD Pipelines, System Design, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GitLab
- Led the team of engineers to migrate use cases to Contact Center AI, a platform powered by Google Cloud. Set up Google Cloud project automation using GitLab CI.
- Empowered the team to fully operationalize the CCAI platform, achieving a 40% reduction in the operational hours.
- Led organizational transformation to establish CI/CD processes for CCAI. Established Agile and DevOps processes within the team to deliver the stories effectively.
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff2019 - 2020Verizon
Technologies: Google Cloud ML, Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer, AWS, Cloud Migration, Application Modernization, API-first Approach, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS API Gateway, Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitOps, Git
- Architected and migrated voice applications from on-prem to AWS. Established CI/CD processes, cost governance, test automation, and test-driven development.
- Achieved an increase of unit testing from 1% to 15% in two months by introducing sonar checks in the CI pipeline. Adopted cloud-native service architecture and changed the design, which helped achieve 40% cost savings.
- Architected conversational AI service architecture for chat and voice from GCP to AWS services. Worked with security, governance, and other stakeholders to run architecture reviews. Architected GCP logging using pub-sub to stream logs to AWS.
- Implemented resilient architecture for applications using AWS API Gateway. Replaced EC2 with Lambda and achieved a 70% reduction in the cost.
Senior Member of Technical Staff2017 - 2019Verizon
Technologies: AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS DevOps, AWS Systems Manager, AWS Certified SysOps Aministrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, System Design, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS IAM, Cloud Security, AWS, Terraform, Cloud Infrastructure, Google Cloud, DevOps, Git, GitOps
- Implemented architecture patterns for applications as part of Verizon enterprise shift from data center-centric model to public cloud-first model to drive IT efficiency and modernization.
- Architected a solution using ServiceNow and AWS Service Catalog to allow developers to provision AWS resources. Presented at AWS re:Invent on the same.
- Contributed to the AWS Config service to replace current in-house remediation practices and gave feedback to the AWS PM team to improve the service. Coordinated with IT security to implement the best cloud governance IAM permissions and policies.
- Delivered CloudFormation blueprint templates and ran a cloud share program for enterprise business units to accelerate the cloud journey. This includes creating Terraform templates and a Git pipeline to move the templates.
- Enabled new AWS services by implementing IAM permissions. Worked with the vendor to implement Google Cloud Platform project creation.
- Architected post-provisioning software installation using AWS Systems Manager and wrote a blog article on the AWS website.
Tech Manager2016 - 2017Verizon
Technologies: DevOps, AWS, CI/CD Pipelines, Ansible, Agile, Leadership, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Agile DevOps
- Led the team to develop an award-winning DevOps dashboard from an open-source tool currently used by 6,000+ people, including managers and directors, to track DevOps progress.
- Drove the networks system (business unit) AWS cloud migration and digital transformation. Led a team of 11 to lift-and-shift migrate applications from on-prem to AWS. Presented the DevOps dashboard solution at first Verizon TechDay.
- Ran enterprise-wide DevOps Cup in Verizon India to migrate applications to DevOps tools and used the DevOps dashboard to measure the metrics. Empowered team to adopt DevOps and Agile practices in the team and increased overall velocity by 40%.
- Received the Verizon GTS SVP certificate of recognition for the DevOps migration program at Verizon India.
Consultant System Development2015 - 2016Verizon
Technologies: DevOps, AWS, Linux, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Operations, Agile DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Docker, Linux Administration
- Held brown bag sessions on helping teams to learn about DevOps and implement CI/CD. Implemented CI/CD pipeline using DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Implemented an SSO setup with Apache and templatized all the applications migrating to AWS. Created POCs with Docker containers.
- Architected and implemented POC of DevOps dashboard using Hygieia. Expanded the scope of the application by implementing an aggregated metrics dashboard and collaborated with the Capital One team.
Senior System Engineer2014 - 2015ATMECS
Technologies: DevOps, Git, Red Hat OpenShift, CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins, Ansible, Proof of Concept (POC), Linux, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Design Systems, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux Administration, Terraform
- Held brown bag sessions on DevOps and CI/CD to the client and set up Jenkins pipeline with Ansible. Wrote Terraform templates along with Linux administration for the clients in the same project.
- Implemented a high-availability Drupal solution with varnish caching to sustain high traffic (POC).
- Created and modified Jenkins scripts to deploy applications on OpenShift. Created a POC on OpenShift Origin M4 and analyzed it with the client.
Software Engineer2011 - 2014CA Technologies
Technologies: Manual QA, QA Testing, QA Automation, Selenium IDE, Ansible, AWS, OpenShift, TeamCity, Shell Scripting, Rally, Agile Sprints, Scrum, DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Automated a CA SaaS platform for developers and QA using Ansible playbooks.
- Created a CA SiteMinder setup and configuration and built an integration using TeamCity.
- Conducted Ansible deployments on Amazon and manual and automated QA for platform resilience testing. Followed Agile and DevOps practices.
Senior Product DBA2010 - 2011The Pyro Group Companies
Technologies: Oracle Database Tuning, Database Administration (DBA), Linux, MySQL DBA, Shell Scripting, Linux Administration, Oracle Database
- Upgraded Oracle database from 10g to 11gR2 with minimal downtime of a mission-critical application for one of the largest telecom companies in India, improving the application performance and staying within the stipulated downtime contract.
- Implemented a cost-effective HA solution for MySQL using DRBD for a customer and received a spotlight award for the same. Managed and supported end-to-end client Linux servers (Linux administration).
- Provided DB support of mission-critical telecom application, automated DB backups using Shell, coordinated with developers to tune databases, and implemented Oracle Data Guard.
Software Engineer2008 - 2010Famsoft
Technologies: PHP, Linux, Oracle Database, HTML, Shell Scripting, Linux Administration, Database Administration (DBA)
- Responded to client mails and fixed Level 1 issues. Supported clients and managed Linux servers. Provided end-to-end Linux administration.
- Wrote and modified shell scripts to monitor Linux systems and Oracle databases.
- Conducted web development for Famsoft.com based on HTML and PHP.