CTO | Cloud and Infrastructure Consultant2013 - PRESENTCliffSupport
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Packer, Terraform, Subversion (SVN), DigitalOcean, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Google Compute Engine (GCE), AWS
- Managed AWS, GCE, DigitalOcean, Azure, and other types of cloud platforms.
- Implemented CI/CD using Ansible, GitHub, SVN, and Jenkins.
- Optimized the billing and hardened the cloud infrastructure.
- Coordinated with the development team to deploy the application on the cloud.
- Designed and deployed a cloud infrastructure based on client requirement.
- Configured load balancing and auto-scaling to make an application highly available.
- Helped to migrate the development team to a cloud infrastructure.
- Configured and deployed CDN, DNS, and cloud storage.
- Customized monitoring tools to monitor the cloud infrastructure.
- Used configuration management tools like Ansible/Chef to manage multiple servers.
- Managed source code repositories using Git and SVN.
IT Manager2010 - 2013CliffSupport
Technologies: Proxmox, SolusVM, KVM, OpenVZ, Xen
- Installed, configured, and managed virtualization technologies OpenVZ, KVM, and Xen.
- Installed and managed virtualization control panels like Proxmox, SolusVM, and Xen.
- Performance-tuned and secured hardware nodes and VMs.
- Constructed KVM, OpenVZ, and Xen templates for VM creation.
- Planned backup and contingency strategies.
- Managed teams of varying size and supported clients from all around the globe.
Senior System Administrator2004 - 2010Multiple Companies
Technologies: PHP, Squid, BIND, Sendmail, Postfix, Exim4, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Nginx, Apache, Plesk, cPanel, CentOS
- Provided high-end technical support to multiple clients from all around the globe.
- Installed, optimized, and configured new servers and application upgrades in an existing network environment as per requirements.
- Installed, configured, troubleshot, monitored, and hardened cPanel, Plesk, Webmin, and DirectAdmin.
- Installed, configured, troubleshot, monitored, and hardened the operating systems such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Windows Server, and RHEL.
- Installed, configured, troubleshot, monitored, and hardened Apache, Nginx, Litespeed, Varnish (caching Web Server), Exim, Sendmail, Postfix, Dovecot, Bind, Vsftp, ProFTPD, Pure-FTPd, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, iptables, CSF, ModSecurity (WAF), Fail2ban, and OpenVPN.
- Performed daily team administration routines as well as team development and people management activities for boosting team productivity.
- Developed and implemented a security management system for Windows and Linux servers.
- Installed and configured Nagios, Cacti, and MRTG to monitor servers and infrastructure.
- Developed Bash and Perl scripts to automate admin tasks and custom Nagios plugins.