Interim Lead Enterprise Architect | Solution Architect2019 - 2019C&J Clarks International
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAP Hybris, AWS
- Designed a globally scalable AWS pattern for the digital transformation program and eCommerce platform in 12+ countries.
- Led the architecture team and promoted the architecture by creating a guild and chairing meetings.
- Defined the multi-cloud strategy and integration strategy.
- Chose and established the stack for the cloud data-lake technologies and data feeds.
- Reestablished governance for application catalogs and integration catalogs.
- Owned the entire IT estate discovery and created essential diagrams and assessments.
Enterprise Architect | AWS Cloud Architect2018 - 2018JustEat (via Beyond Consultancy)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Solution Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, AWS
- Introduced and promoted architecture at JustEat by creating a guild and chairing architecture meetings.
- Decoupled and scaled components by using AWS serverless technologies.
- Adopted microservices and event-driven architecture.
- Reviewed the entire AWS billing, analyzed the usage, and then implemented a program of cost savings which resulted in $1 million saving for AWS hosting.
- Created the architecture VMOST strategy for architecture and aligned with the 3-year business goals.
- Oversaw the entire IT estate discovery by creating essential diagrams and assessments.
- Reorganized and owned the discovery and team's components.
- Introducted Kong as the API gateway, including reusable patterns and best practices.
- Defined the strategy for Android devices in restaurants.
- JustEat is an eCommerce Platform for 14+ countries for takeaway meal sales and delivery.
Solution Architect | SOA Architect | AWS Architect2015 - 2018Hitachi Capital (UK)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft SQL Server, Angular, Spring Boot, Java, Windows, Linux, AWS
- Introduced and promoted the AWS Cloud to Hitachi by creating best practices, obtaining consensus on new service processes, and promoting cloud benefits to initially reluctant teams.
- Implemented serverless architecture for big data analytics to solve business requirements for vehicle telematics.
- Generated and implemented the solution architecture for a stack replacement program for the Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions's leasing system and website.
- Built a B2C eCommerce platform.
- Promoted and coached the IT architecture team and enterprise architecture at the group level for Hitachi Capital UK PLC.
- Introduced collaboration tools which improved cross-team interactions and productivity.
Systems Architect2012 - 2015HP Enterprise Services
Technologies: Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Linux, TIBCO
- Served as the chief technologist for Vodafone Integration Domain and led the architect and design team of one of the biggest telco companies in Europe and the biggest TIBCO implementation in Europe.
- Led the architecture, design governance, SOA governance, customer relations, process authority, technical authority, agile methodology, coding standards, development practices, and release management improvements.
- Led and mentored a team of architects and designers across two continents to continue delivering SOA into Vodafone.
- Led the HP team of 180 people which consisted of 6% UK based and 94% India based for a project.
- Worked within an environment where Vodafone has 600+ SOA services live in production and achieved a 52% re-usage of services.
- Contributed to a transformation project for file transfers by architecting and designing a full mission-critical managed file transfer solution with geo-resilience with Ireland and Germany. B2B.
Solution Architect | Integration Architect | TIBCO Specialist2008 - 2012Virgin Media
Technologies: Java, Linux, TIBCO
- Served as a solution designer for the micro-SIM project across seven teams and led the middleware team in the design and development—which allowed Virgin to sell and provision micro SIMs expanding the potential customer base to iPhone/iPad users.
- Designed solutions for the MINT project which allowed Virgin to benefit from the T-Mobile and Orange merger, thus improving network coverage.
- Acted as a solution designer for the Blackberry Project, which automatically provisioned/de-provisioned Blackberry services when a customer purchased or ended a Blackberry mobile contract.
- Successfully completed a data center move, where all key systems were migrated from an outsourced data center to an in-house data center. Automated the installations for the latest TIBCO software and configuration via BMC BladeLogic.
- Created, as the integration architect lead, integration solution designs, high-level design, and low-level design documentation.
- Worked on multiple business projects in parallel and ensured compatibility and timely delivery.
- Worked within a 3-month release delivery cycle overlapping three releases.
TIBCO Specialist2007 - 2008GFI Group (Global Brokerage)
Technologies: Linux, Java, TIBCO
- Architected, designed, and built trading feeds for back-end financial systems including confirmations, finance, and MIS.
- Architected, designed, developed, deployed, and supported a global SOA platform for a broker-trading system.
- Designed, developed, and reviewed “low latency” TIBCO BusinessWorks™ processes.
- Mentored and developed build-and-deployment scripts and automation tools along with implementing process enrichment, quality control, and version control.
- Developed TIBCO BusinessEvents rules and integrated them with TIBCO BusinessWorks processes.
TIBCO Technical Lead2007 - 2007Carphone Warehouse
Technologies: Linux, Java, TIBCO
- Served as the technical lead of the CRIM (configuration release integration management) team.
- Standardized and streamlined deployments by enforcing version control on the previously haphazard deployment configuration.
- Performed environment deployment regression testing and oversaw the detailed design for environment integration testing.
- Managed nine environments and delivered five full releases a week from two separate TIBCO development streams.
Senior Consultant2006 - 2007EDS
Technologies: Java, Windows, Linux, TIBCO
- Led, as the technical integration architect, in the design and development of an SOA framework for integration for the Ministry of Defence. The reusable framework integrated cross-department systems while complying with high-security requirements.
- Engaged with multiple teams, across multiple projects to deliver separate-but-uniform TIBCO integration solutions.
- Gathered requirements for architecture documentation, designed the solutions, and took a leading and active role in development.
Lead EAI Technical Architect2000 - 2005Infogain (UK)
Technologies: Java, Windows, Linux, TIBCO
- Met the technology needs of a wide variety of business contracts through this co-owned company.
- Cultivated a professional working relationship with Virgin Mobile over a period of over four years.
- Directly responsible for winning the initial consulting work (Virgin Mobile) and continued to drive strategic projects including five major projects spanning six months or more and many small projects of one to two months in duration.
- Worked as a technical architect and troubleshooter on the associated Mediabase for The Mail, Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, and Evening Standard.
- Served as a technical architect and senior analyst programmer for a project for ASDA Home Shopping.
- Contributed my skill as a senior analyst programmer and database administrator for Lloyds TSB "Success for Business."
- Served as a project manager and senior analyst programmer for a project involved in the arenas and fairgrounds.
- Multiple B2B and B2C projects where many integrations where design, developed and supported.
Technical Architect | Development Manager | Software Engineer1992 - 2000Honeywood Software Solutions
Technologies: Linux, Windows, C++, C, Pascal, BASIC
- Developed 3D CAD software for conservatories, including design, plotting, rendering, and cutting lists.
- Built websites for customers, including infrastructure setup and support.
- Constructed software for manufacturing companies. Include order management, costing lists, and CAD/presentation software.