Lead Software Engineer2020 - 2020Iterate Labs (via Toptal)
- Maintained, improved, and scaled AWS-based infrastructure for real-time IoT data processing system (1000s of events per second).
- Designed and conducted end-to-end tests of the full data pipeline prior to production release.
- Implemented and deployed admin application for end-users and back-office administration of the system.
- Implemented monitoring, alerting, data retention policies, and performance improvements across critical systems.
- Collaborated with the in-house Data Science team on integrating data processing models into the system.
Tech Lead | Full-stack Developer | Consultant2013 - 2020u2i
- Maintained a mobile app, developed a data processing pipeline and helped with data migration from on-premise to the cloud in a healthcare institution.
- Created a service for correlating data from disparate sources with a reference database of hundreds of millions of records.
- Worked directly with a founder to take their idea from conception to a working prototype.
- Created a collaborative platform for municipal governments from the ground up while working directly with a startup's CEO.
- Helped multiple clients refine their ideas and come up with plans for prototypes and MVPs.
- Advised clients on technology, product development, and lean practices.
- Helped find new clients, took an active part in early sales interactions and contributed to writing proposals.
- Helped design and implement the recruitment process for junior/mid/senior developers, conducted interviews.
- Helped streamline the transition to remote work, developed internal tools, and improved internal processes.
Software Engineer Intern2013 - 2013Smart4Aviation
Technologies: Problem Solving, Algorithms, Java
- Worked on algorithmic solutions to area-related problems.
- Analyzed meteorological phenomena and their impact on flight routes.
- Mentioned in an errata for finding a mathematical mistake in "Some Algorithms for Polygons on a Sphere" by Robert G. Chamberlain and William H. Duquette (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory).
Software Engineer2013 - 2013Schibsted Tech Polska
Technologies: Google Chrome, JetBrains, MacOS, Problem Solving, APIs, GitHub, Bash, Agile Software Development, Agile, Git, SQL, Full-stack, Java, Objective-C
- Built an iPhone application for sports statistics from the ground up, in two months, with no prior experience with iOS and Objective-C.