Owner | Manager | Data Engineer2017 - PRESENTArchmedian Ltd
Technologies: Spark, Apache Airflow, SQL, Python, Microsoft SQL Server
- Managed a globally distributed development team of analysts and developers.
- Built data pipelines to model, merge, and clean data from various sources (Python, Apache Airflow). Built systems to analyze and interpret the data (Python, Apache Spark).
- Designed DB objects, procedures, functions, views, and tables (MS SQL).
- Built an investment professional platform from the ground up (DB design, application development).
SQL Developer (Contract)2019 - 2020Toptal Client
Technologies: Apache Airflow, AWS S3, AWS EMR, SAS, PySpark, Python, SQL
- Provided consulting services in personalization analytics, code logic migration (SAS->PySpark), writing PySpark codebase, implementing sophisticated logic in SAS and PySpark, monitoring execution, and communicating and troubleshooting issues.
IT Consultant2017 - 2017Archmedian Ltd
- Elicited, understood, and organized business requirements.
- Guided team members through project phases. Mentored and brought talents to light.
- Designed the database for the system and built the most suitable logic to be placed in the database layer.
- Built a significant portion of server-side application logic in PHP with a Laravel framework.
- Provided timely and clear project status updates and overviews of the solution.
Senior Research Manager2012 - 2017Franklin Templeton
Technologies: PHP, Python, Microsoft Access, MySQL, TIBCO, Investment Funds, Business Analysis, Technical Project Management
- Coordinated three site teams and directly managed one of them. We were responsible for product data governance, data structure development, and the automation of data processes. We managed over 1600 products and over 2,000 data elements.
- Built several automated ETL processes regarding product data. They filter, merge, reclassify, and restructure the data, reducing days of high-skill manual work every month.
- Designed and built a self-service financial product data extraction system serving over 600 reports per month.
- Built a travel coordination system for key client-facing personnel, reducing manual work by three times, and producing reporting capabilities.
- Helped team members to manage business logic residing in MS Access.
- Recruited, onboarded, trained, and mentored nine team members.
- Conducted personal system trainings and demonstrations.
Business Analyst2008 - 2012Santander TFI
Technologies: C#, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Redesigned mathematical model for trader's bonus system.
- Learned business processes hands-on.
- Elicited and managed requirements for a software integration platform.
- Designed a large proportion of the integration platform database.
- Developed functions, procedures, and other database objects to meet data process requirements.
- Developed significant parts of the C# application layer of the integration platform.