DevOps Engineer and Developer
Kushtrim, a seasoned DevOps engineer, excels in cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, and migration projects. With a decade-long IT career, he has crafted high-availability infrastructures, managed projects for high-security institutions, and built efficient CI/CD pipelines. Adept with Azure, AWS, and Kubernetes, Kushtrim is dedicated to creating robust, scalable solutions, which makes him an invaluable asset to any client.
ExperienceDevOps - 6 yearsGrafana - 5 yearsPrometheus - 5 yearsTerraform - 5 yearsKubernetes - 5 yearsLinux - 5 yearsAzure - 4 yearsAzure Kubernetes Service (AKS) - 2 years
CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Prometheus, DevOps, Kubernetes, Azure, Argo CD, Azure DevOps
The most amazing...
...migration I've deployed was from cloud infrastructure to on premise in one month with zero downtime.
- Engineered a cutting-edge managed service provider (MSP) solution leveraging VMware Tanzu Kubernetes distribution, enhancing internal operational efficiency and scalability.
- Implemented Tekton pipelines and HashiCorp Vault within the MSP solution, driving automation and bolstering security infrastructure, thus ensuring the integrity and protection of critical data.
- Utilized Carvel tools, Terraform, and Packer in the development process, facilitating robust and flexible infrastructure as code (IaC) capabilities, accelerating deployment times, and improving system reliability.
- Migrated multiple microservices from Azure App Services and functions developed in different languages like Java, .NET, Python, and PHP to Kubernetes.
- Supported developers in building CI/CD pipelines using Bitbucket pipelines and Jenkins to deploy microservices to Kubernetes and Azure functions.
- Developed a custom backup solution from Azure Blob Storage to Amazon S3, which backs up the added or modified blob to Amazon S3.
- Implemented a free monitoring and login solution with Grafana, Loki, and Promtail for multiple Kubernetes clusters, databases, and other infrastructure.
- Wrote deployment scripts in Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Used Terraform and ARM templates for the deployment of infrastructure.
- Managed Azure resources for different environments and regions.
- Migrated traditional CD pipelines to Argo CD and reduced deployment time to seconds.
- Designed and implemented a cost-saving solution for cloud infrastructure (AWS< Azure and GCP), which significantly reduced the expenses of a large development client.
- Set up cloud policies for cloud governance in AWS, Azure, and GCP, which reduced the unnecessary access of users to services.
- Created the networking infrastructure between multiple AWS accounts in a single organization with a VPN gateway and VPC peering.
- Designed a high-end proposal for an integrated single sign-on (SSO) solution for internal and external users for multiple services such as AWS, Azure AD, GCP, Jira, Atlantis, and other custom software.
- Built the CI/CD of a custom cost control policy and infrastructure with Jenkins, Terraform, and GitHub.
Lead Infrastructure Engineer
- Migrated the entire cloud environment to on-premises servers in record time without any downtime and client disruption.
- Supported developers in implementing a CI/CD pipeline with Bitbucket, TeamCity, and Octopus.
- Set up the email messaging infrastructure that could send millions of emails daily.
- Deployed a monitoring system for the application and infrastructure with downtime and application-specific metrics.
- Managed cloud resources in Azure (Blob Storage, Azure Services), the AWS content delivery network (CDN), and Amazon S3.
IT System Engineer and Project Manager
- Managed a project and designed the infrastructure for 10,000 users for high-security institutions with three different remote teams.
- Designed and implemented a high availability infrastructure with more than 50 physical servers and 200 VM with Dell Servers and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Designed a VPN network to connect more than 200 branches of a public institution.
Cloud Security with Cloud Custodian
The Custodian scripts are written by security engineers and pushed to Git, which triggers an automatic Terraform pipeline in Jenkins. This reduced the clients' costs by 50%.
As a DevSecOps consultant, I was in charge of finding an open-source solution that fit client requests, developing a process for easy deployment of new security and cost policies, and monitoring the current status. I set up the Jenkins job and Terraform templates and pipelines to deploy new policies and update existing ones.
Deployment of Application to Azure with Azure DevOps and Kubernetes
A significant part of the project involved developing and optimizing CI/CD pipelines. My approach led to an efficient and reliable integration and deployment process, which ensured the project's agility and responsiveness to changes.
When faced with the task of troubleshooting a Node.js app, I managed to pinpoint and rectify issues effectively, enhancing the application's performance and stability.
Further, I deployed the application on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), ensuring it was scalable, reliable, and ready to handle high-performance demands.
Lastly, I oversaw the deployment of microservices in Azure Functions, emphasizing the project's commitment to a microservices architecture. This contributed to the project's overall flexibility, scalability, and resilience. My diverse skill set and comprehensive involvement were integral to the project's successful development.
Migration of Local Infrastructure to VMware vCenter
Overall, the project optimized the company's IT operations, supporting its business needs and positioning it for future growth.
Hyper-V, Grafana, VMware, RabbitMQ, Terraform, Jenkins, Amazon CloudWatch, TeamCity, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS IAM, Keycloak, AWS CloudFormation, Azure App Service, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), SaltStack, GitHub, Azure IoT Hub, Azure IoT Suite
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Project Management, Security
Dell PowerEdge Servers, System Administration, Cloud Custodian, ECS, Information Security, Prometheus, IT Project Management, System Integration, Networks, Cisco, Octopus Deploy, HAProxy, Single Sign-on (SSO), Okta, CI/CD Pipelines, Argo CD, VMware vCenter, VMware ESXi, VMware Tanzu, Carvel
DevOps, Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Exasol, ScyllaDB, Redis, Azure SQL, Azure Blobs
Master's Degree in Management Information Systems
UBT - University for Business and Technology - Prishtina, Kosovo
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications
University of Prishtina - Prishtina, Kosovo
VMware Certified Specialist – vSphere with Tanzu 2023
VMware Certified Professional – Application Modernization 2023
VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization 2022
Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist
The Linux Foundation
GitOps at Scale
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
Cloud Native Computing Foundation
Exasol 6 Certified Professional Administrator
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
ITIL Foundation v3
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)