- OwnerLight Is Everything2007 - PRESENT
- Handled freelance web design and development for small businesses.
- Designed and developed mobile-compatible responsive web sites with an emphasis on content driven adaptability and performance/speed.
- Handled graphic design, branding, and identity.
- Engaged in WordPress and e-commerce development.
- Configured and customized Shopify designs.
- UI Designer, Front-end DeveloperDepartment of Industry - Australian Government2011 - 2014
- Was responsible for all aspects of the user interface for the Australian Business License and Information Service (ABLIS).
- Used wireframes to express business requirements and HTML prototypes to define and test interactions.
- Worked closely with the business analysts to design and implement UI solutions meeting business and user needs whilst adhering to usability best practices and accessibility standards.
- Handled UI design and front-end development of the Unique Student Identifier (USI) MyResults Portals.
- Was initially tasked with the creation of wireframes, process flows, and a user interface style guide to ensure a consistent, usable interface across the three MyResults portals. Expanded my role to include both visual design and front-end development of the portals.
- Freelance TrainerFearless Media2011 - 2011
- Conducted full-day workshops and training sessions on web design and development.
- Organized small class numbers to allow for hands-on direction for individuals in the group, to also deviate from course material, and deliver content to the level of the student.
- Prepared materials, prepared for delivering content effectively, understood different ways to approach content for different types of students, and learned time management.
- Technical Designer, Senior Accessibility Analyst, PrototyperDepartment of Immigration and Border Protection - Australian Government2009 - 2011
- Built prototypes and document interfaces in a User Centered Design (UCD) environment.
- Evaluated websites and web applications internal and external to the department against the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 standard.
- Designed and documented departmental accessibility guidelines to cover WCAG 2.0, as well as relevant ISO standards for desktop accessibility.
- Web Designer, DeveloperDepartment of Health and Ageing - Australian Government2007 - 2009
- Handled user interface design and development for a home and community care information management system.
- Handled ColdFusion development for the National Approved Providers system.
- Managed releases across multiple development and test environments.
- Senior Web DeveloperThe Group2005 - 2006
- Designed and develop client site management tools. Built these extranets to manage some of the FTSE100’s top corporate websites.
- Designed and developed functionality for email and email tracking, news, site content management, mobile site content management, and media library and blogging functionality. Developed using the Fusebox development methodology within the FuseBuilder framework.
- Maintained project work on client sites. Coded to W3C standards with a high focus on usability and accessibility.
- Web DeveloperAcitvateMedia2004 - 2005
- Developed an InVue web application providing email, calendar, and task management functionality.
- Handled maintenance, bug fixes, and enhancements to existing sites.