SQL Developer in Toronto, ON, Canada
Senior Web Developer2014 - PRESENTKineticSocial
- On a short notice (two days), implemented a feature that allowed the company to secure a client who was willing to spend thousands of dollars through the platform to run ads.
- Implemented an efficient background processing system using Sidekiq to speed up the application.
- Implemented a system using Redis that allows users to keep track of the leftovers in individual rate limits of the third party APIs in a multi-process environment.
- Revamped the reporting system using AngularJS.
- Was a lead developer on several occasions during the code update for the changes made in third-party APIs.
Web Developer2013 - 2014eProf
- Implemented an efficient internal messaging system.
- Created WebRTC based video conferencing system and chat for on-line classes.
- Created a widget that allows the owners of the online academy to customize the design and color scheme of their product page.
- Implemented a widget that allows potential students to book time slots for private consultations.
- Helped with moving the project from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
Independent Software Developer2012 - 2013Alberta Health Services
Technologies: C++, CUDA
- Implemented a system that simulates photon transport on a GPU 32 times faster than on a CPU.
- Hooked up GEANT4 as a front-end for an experiment setup.
- Verified the system by modeling an experiment that reflects the real-life setup which uses a phantom consisting of heterogeneous materials.
Intern Software Developer2010 - 2010ApriorIT
Technologies: C#, .NET, C++
- Implemented a tool in C++ that receives a list of locations in CSV file and marks it on Google Maps.
- Implemented a system that parses binary data acquired from Blackberry IM and presents it in a form that is convenient for customers.
- Implemented a system in C# that runs all unit-tests every week and sends results in xml format to the team.
- Fixed all existing CPPUnit and NUnit unit tests and created new ones to cover the entire functionality of the Visual Studio solution which consisted of 65 projects written in C++ and C#.
- Helped remotely located clients with resolving the problems they've encountered while using the product.
- A Gem for communication with Facebook API (Development)https://github.com/kineticsocial/fb_graph
This gem, originally forked from https://github.com/nov/fb_graph, was supported and improved to include the latest Ads API functionality provided by Facebook
- PaVEl (Development)https://github.com/che-burashco/PaVEl
A C++ library that allows users to display internationalized text with custom features like rotation and translation of each separate ligature as well as the whole text.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS
Libraries/APIsSidekiq, Facebook API, Twitter API, Pinterest API
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science2011 - 2014University of Alberta - Edmonton, Canada
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2007 - 2011Dnipropetrovsk National University - Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine