Senior Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTCarium
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Datadog, Loggly, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Django, Python
- Designed and implemented robust data synchronization solutions to sync heavily used data across multiple microservices using AWS, SNS, and SQS.
- Developed multiple back-end features for Carium (user group management, feature flags, session management). Responsibilities included requirements gathering, design, development, unit and system testing, and deployment to production.
- Analyzed and debugged multiple 5xx responses and scale and latency issues utilizing Datadog metrics, APM and Loggly logs in a distributed microservice environment.
- Designed and implemented a low latency robust authorization system that had very little overhead on API developers. It handled dynamically changing permissions without compromising on correctness.
- Implemented low latency, secure, scalable, multi-tenant authentication solutions for Carium’s Python/Django-based microservices.
- Initiated a reminder system that sends reminders to the user's phone. Users can be in different timezones and receive multiple reminders. Setting up a timer for each reminder was not scalable, so I implemented a scalable solution for it.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2018Cyan/Ciena
Technologies: HAProxy, MySQL, Docker, Galera Cluster, Apache Kafka, Django, Python
- Implemented a distributed MYSQL solution for the BluePlanet platform using Galera. As part of this effort, dockerized the service and provided high availability and geo-redundancy.
- Migrated multiple components of a monolithic product to multiple Docker micro-services.
- Developed a simple Node Cut-In/Cut-Out feature for a complex task of adding/removing nodes to existing customer networks. Days of work have been reduced to hours with minimal traffic disruptions.
- Implemented the multi NodeGroup feature, which makes it possible to treat multiple co-located nodes as a single node for all practical NMS features. This opened up new markets for Cyan’s ROADM switches and contributed to the revenue.