Landon J Sulick
Verified Expert in Engineering
Ever since Landon taught himself BASIC on an Apple IIc when he was a kid, he knew that he loved to code. His love for coding pushed him to major in computer science engineering. Over the years, he has worked in television broadcasting, education, insurance, and financial card issuance. In each of these sectors, Landon has learned that being passionate about technology that can meld customer needs with stakeholder needs is a formula for success.
SQL, .NET, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...project that I've been involved in was working on a multi-dimensional SQL server Analysis Services database project that enabled rich data reporting.
BETA Healthcare Group
- Helped the client identify the technologies their current software was using and possible upgrade paths.
- Upgraded the client's ASP classic web app to an ASP.NET Core web app to modernize their application.
- Used Windows-integrated authentication to provide SSO integrated security for their product.
- Identified duplicate code throughout their application and reduced it to a singular module to make future development faster and easier.
Principal Software Engineer
- Architected and built a financial card creation web application including cross-browser communication capability.
- Led performance testing efforts that included the creation of performance tools to configure the product for large scale deployments, to simulate thousands of customers, and to report detailed telemetry.
- Led a security hardening effort. Implemented security algorithms including a salting/hashing password algorithm and created penetration tests that attempt cross-side scripting attacks and SQL injection attacks.
- Took ownership of an integration kit/product APIs. My involvement helped sell and integrate customers such as TD Bank, PNC Bank, and Tianjin China social security cards.
- Created an ETL application to load data from payroll files and enable bulk printing of paycheck bank cards.
Senior Application Developer
Turnleaf Solutions Inc./CTB-McGrawHill
- Led architecture and development of statewide K-12 online reporting solution for the 1 million students in Indiana. Also helped architect and develop solutions for Wisconsin and Tennessee.
- Architected and developed a multi-dimensional database and graphical reporting system based on Microsoft Analysis Services technology (SSAS). This system greatly sped up our reporting and expanded the data available to end-users.
- Designed and developed a reusable web button that enabled dynamic pdf creation on any of our web pages.
- Designed and developed multiple customer-facing ETL modules to import student and user data from multiple sources.
- Designed and developed install shields and GUI configuration wizards for both installers and users that reduced product installation time from one day to ½ hour.
- Created a dll that enabled legacy Btrieve database based products to communicate with Oracle.
- Added new functionality and fixed bugs in television broadcasting automation software.
- Designed and developed a classic ASP web-based registration system that allowed seniors involved in the capstone classes to register online and have conflicts resolved automatically.
- Finished and debugged incomplete code for a crystallography tutorial software set using Tool Book environment.
- Organized and executed manual load testing of the web-based registration system.
Performance Testing Suite for Financial Instant Issuance System
Dynamic PDF Generator
Integration Kit for Issuance Financial Cards
Restful ASP.NET WebAPI | Back-end Functionality of Financial Issuance Software
.NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, ASP, Angular, ASP.NET MVC, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET Core
Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Teams, SSAS, Visual SourceSafe, InstallShield, Ansible, SQL Server Profiler, Microsoft Test Manager, Git, Microsoft Access, Postman
Software Architecture, Content Management Systems (CMS), Multithreading, IIS, Okta, Single Sign-on (SSO), TCP/IP
Web API 2, REST APIs, Entity Framework, Windows Forms (WinForms), Web API, Node.js
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science Engineering
Bucknell University - Lewisburg, PA