ASP.NET Developer2021 - 2022BETA Healthcare Group
Technologies: ASP.NET, IIS, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET Core, Okta, Single Sign-on (SSO), ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core
- Helped the client identify the technologies their current software was using and possible upgrade paths.
- Upgraded the client's ASP classic web app to an ASP.NET Core web app to modernize their application.
- Used Windows-integrated authentication to provide SSO integrated security for their product.
- Identified duplicate code throughout their application and reduced it to a singular module to make future development faster and easier.
Principal Software Engineer2009 - 2019Entrust Datacard
- Architected and built a financial card creation web application including cross-browser communication capability.
- Led performance testing efforts that included the creation of performance tools to configure the product for large scale deployments, to simulate thousands of customers, and to report detailed telemetry.
- Led a security hardening effort. Implemented security algorithms including a salting/hashing password algorithm and created penetration tests that attempt cross-side scripting attacks and SQL injection attacks.
- Took ownership of an integration kit/product APIs. My involvement helped sell and integrate customers such as TD Bank, PNC Bank, and Tianjin China social security cards.
- Created an ETL application to load data from payroll files and enable bulk printing of paycheck bank cards.
Senior Application Developer2002 - 2009Turnleaf Solutions Inc./CTB-McGrawHill
- Led architecture and development of statewide K-12 online reporting solution for the 1 million students in Indiana. Also helped architect and develop solutions for Wisconsin and Tennessee.
- Architected and developed a multi-dimensional database and graphical reporting system based on Microsoft Analysis Services technology (SSAS). This system greatly sped up our reporting and expanded the data available to end-users.
- Designed and developed a reusable web button that enabled dynamic pdf creation on any of our web pages.
- Designed and developed multiple customer-facing ETL modules to import student and user data from multiple sources.
Software Engineer2000 - 2002Encoda Systems
Technologies: InstallShield, Windows Forms (WinForms), C++, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), HTML
- Designed and developed install shields and GUI configuration wizards for both installers and users that reduced product installation time from one day to ½ hour.
- Created a dll that enabled legacy Btrieve database based products to communicate with Oracle.
- Added new functionality and fixed bugs in television broadcasting automation software.
Software Engineer1999 - 1999Bucknell University
- Designed and developed a classic ASP web-based registration system that allowed seniors involved in the capstone classes to register online and have conflicts resolved automatically.
- Finished and debugged incomplete code for a crystallography tutorial software set using Tool Book environment.
- Organized and executed manual load testing of the web-based registration system.