- Director of Engineering | Software Developer/Architect2014 - PRESENTArkadin
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, Web Services, Oracle, MongoDB, Azure, AWS
- Designed and built an automated system for calculating the "least-cost" provider. The system would analyze the raw data from our telecom providers and determine the lowest price carrier. Automated changes to the routing would be performed, and then the software would analyze the changes and continue to refine the routing. This was a C# application, SQL Server database utilizing back-end web services to implement the changes.
- Acted as an SQL Server DBA; created and managed the SQL database servers behind many of the applications. This server was initially an on-prem system, and I am currently migrating it to an Azure-hosted system.
- Created billing automation tools to smooth and streamline processes. These tools utilize C#/SQL Server and have a Windows application front-end as well as a Windows service back-end. With the services, I dynamically create PDF files and send them to customers, provide an interface for the billing team to manage the process, and perform checks to ensure that the billing is being performed accurately. With the automation, we significantly reduced the number of billing errors as well as reduced the number of staff needed to process our invoicing.
- Maintained, modified, and supported migration tools (PowerShell packages that use SSIS to migrate data from one IS to another); also added new migration systems as needed.
- Co-founder | CTO | Software Architect2002 - 2014AccuConference | Accu-Rate Communications
Technologies: C#, C++, SQL Server, MySQL, ASP.NET, PHP, Windows Services
- Co-founded a company that provided audio and web conferencing services.
- Created a custom audio conferencing bridge that used a C++ library to access proprietary hardware. My first version was a LAMP solution, and eventually, it was rewritten in C#/SQL Server/Windows. The entire solution had 6,000 telephone lines and was capable of hosting audio conferences of up to 1,000 people at a time.
- Built a fully automated billing process for the conferencing system. This solution was an automated C#/SQL Server application that interfaced with PayPal's credit card processing system. Each day, the programs would automatically create invoices for customers in PDF format, email them, and automatically charge the credit card of the customer. If the card declined, the system would automatically retry the card for seven days, after which, it would automatically disable the customer's account and send an email asking them to update their payment information. With this process, collections were fully automated, and completely eliminated the staff required in the accounting team.