Verified Expert in Engineering
Distributed Systems Developer
Laurent is a full-stack developer specializing in distributed systems and skilled in front-end technologies like TypeScript, React, and React Native. For over seven years, he's worked on back-end software with Python, Java, and various big data and decentralized systems. Laurent's projects generally involve software architecture for complex businesses, rapid development for MVPs, quality tooling with testing, and continuous integration.
GitHub, Git, IntelliJ, MacOS, Unix
The most amazing...
...work I've done is fixing an error in HAProxy (used by Airbnb and Twitter) after going through the full stack—from the Java HBase code down to the TCP packets.
Owner | Consultant
- Served as a consultant for decentralized and distributed systems technologies.
- Provided research and development, market research, prototyping, content marketing, writing, and additional services relating to the design, build, and deployment of blockchains.
- Built applications using Electron, React, React Create App, and Next.js.
Senior Full-stack Engineer and Architect
- Planned, designed, and released new features as a full-stack engineer using React and Flask.
- Developed a workflow to help the team document and integrate 10+ different APIs by generalizing our internal specs.
- Served on architecture and software design to help the team implement the new generalized framework using mob programming, peer programming, and more.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Developed and maintained a React and Next.js application dealing with multiple countries and languages.
- Architected and owned the DynamoDB and Functions back end. Implemented data models adapted for large-scale meeting scheduling, CRM-like data models, and more.
- Provided TypeScript coaching for the rest of the team, code generation, and data models mapping with our CMS.
- Trained junior developers to work with Angular, Firebase, and decentralization.
- Acted as an interim CTO for software design and architecture of the app.
- Implemented front end components in Angular and AngularFirestore.
- Maintained the CircleCI and Jenkins systems that check PRs and auto-deployed code.
- Implemented and supported the QA and release process.
- Contributed to data storage facilities, backup, data migrations, and more.
Decentralized System Architect
- Implemented an encryption workflow for a Decentralized ID system.
- Contributed to the architecture and design for the decentralized data storage platform.
- Built a decentralized product with heavy cost and latency constraints.
- Collaborated with product, design, and development teams around a data model description.
- Designed and built a distributed service to keep decentralized OrbitDB stores always online.
- Created the DAPP data back-end using OrbitDB and React.
- Helped customers understand their IT infrastructure and GDPR alerts.
- Spearheaded market research and business development.
- Designed and developed a cartography system for the IT infrastructure.
- Provided static and runtime analysis for GDPR compliance.
Data Storage Platform Owner
- Founded the Storage Platform.
- Transitioned to Docker and added CI systems.
- Designed and released distributed synchronization algorithms.
- Maintained the Storage API and Platform, bug fixes, and new features.
- Discovered and resolved an issue in HAProxy relating to an RFC-implementation mistake on retries policies and REST APIS.
- Designed and released a testing framework for microServices and Kafka systems.
- Replaced a large part of the codebase (15+K LOC) by a DSL and custom compiler.
- Optimized a large-scale database (PETABYTES).
- Completed the feedback loop from a workload analysis to optimize execution.
- Adapted state-of-the-art vertical partitioning algorithms to nested databases.
Whena.re: Easy to Use Timezoneshttps://whena.re
It's built with Next.js, React, MobX, and a library I built to design "orbital data."
Clepsydra: Focused Chrome Extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clepsydra/jlagbacmpphjengiipimojjibicekmbo
It's a Chrome Extension built with React and CRA.
Tickingfocus: Focus Desktop Apphttps://www.singulargarden.com/tickingfocus/
It's part of my own "full-stack" training; I used this project to build and release my first Electron application. It's heavy, but this is MVP y-grade software: It took less than three days to create, release, and prove the concept.
Built with React, MobX, and Electron.
My company provides a specialized storage API. Some requests would fail randomly with a cryptic Python exception. Nobody had any idea why. It happened for years, clients would complain but nobody found the source of the bug.
In the first week on the job, I went from analyzing the upper layer of our stack (Java, Jython, HBase) down to the network TCP frames.
I discovered a complex combination of:
• special HAProxy case,
• most HTTP client (WGet, Ruby, etc.) behaving dangerously and against the RFC on retrying POST requests,
• Python behaving actually correctly but our application was not ready for it.
I specialize in Python/Java, but if I have to go down TCP frames and C code, I'll do it.
The best? The patch REMOVES code.
Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming
HBase, HDFS, Distributed Databases, Redis, CouchDB, Cloud Firestore, Amazon DynamoDB, Google Cloud
Decentralized Systems, IPFS, Distributed Systems, Prototyping, OrbitDB, Big Data, Metaheuristics, Static Analysis, Decentralization, Development
Next.js, Hadoop, React Native, Angular, ClojureScript, Flask
React, REST APIs
Apache ZooKeeper, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, Sketch
Hyperledger Fabric, Blockchain, Firebase, Unix, MacOS, Docker, Hyperledger, Ethereum, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master's Degree in Scientific Computation and Image Processing
EPITA - Paris, France