Lav Kumar Vishwakarma
Verified Expert in Engineering
Lav is a back-end engineer with 8+ years of experience building scalable, secure, and distributed applications. Lav has worked with startups and enterprises to build various SaaS products. His expertise lies in architecture design, development, and deployment of innovative products from scratch. Lav's specialties include Go, PostgreSQL, microservices, GraphQL, Java, and Spring Boot.
Go, GoLand, PostgreSQL, Git, Jira, gRPC, REST, Microservices, Docker, MacOS
The most amazing...
...things I've built are a personal development platform at GrowthDay and scheduling products for enterprises like Google and Telefonica.
Lead Software Engineer
- Oversaw the development of back-end application architecture and system design for a personal development platform that includes live coaching sessions to help 200,000 active users build confidence, develop good habits, and improve their lifestyles.
- Spearheaded the development of a new enterprise product to introduce the GowthDay brand to SMEs and help each client build successful teams, emphasizing good communication, fostering company culture, and driving efficiency at scale.
- Developed new platform features, including a video conferencing system, enabling collaborative learning and gift subscriptions to drive user growth.
- Collaborated with executive stakeholders and design, front-end, and product teams to define technical product requirements, determine product features, and streamline an overall development roadmap.
- Supervised hiring and training of a back-end development team and collaborated with cross-functional leaders to deliver multiple complex projects.
- Led the revamp of the back-end development by rebuilding the app's core pillars from scratch, improving development processes, optimizing the developer experience, and driving enhancements to enable reusability, security, and increased performance.
- Enhanced the API performance and made it production-ready by implementing notifications, error reporting, centralizing logging, scaling, improving the response time, and providing support for regulatory compliance.
- Contributed to different analytics platform integrations like the Facebook pixel, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and AppsFlyer.
Lead Software Engineer
- Led the development of SaaStack, a SaaS platform, including designing the plug-and-play architecture for the back end with inbuilt scaling, security, and regulatory compliance handling.
- Contributed to core architecture layers, including authentication, roles and rights, licensing, logging, tracing, and scalability.
- Developed new features for SaaStack to support people, account, client billing, and enterprise management using Go, GraphQL, gRPC, and PostgreSQL.
- Enhanced performance, reducing the API response times from two seconds to less than 150 milliseconds.
- Assisted with the scaffolding app's command-line interface tools by leveraging Relay as a GraphQL client to eliminate the codebase set-up time and leveraging a protocol buffer to generate the Go service codebase.
- Decreased development time and maximized development flexibility by developing a set of code generation tools based on easy-to-use annotations and reduced the development time by 80% of code generation.
- Created guides and checklists for developers, worked on improving developer experience, and mentored developers to increase their efficiency.
- Developed Appointy's small-to-large business scheduling tool based on microservice architecture. The tool is used by 1 million people.
- Evaluated integration libraries and tools to shorten the development time from one year to one month. Designed microservices and the micro front-end architecture to help further optimize development.
- Advised and oversaw development for clients by creating user flows, product roadmaps, and features with a team of eight back-end developers.
- Created a new product that coordinated fitness classes, restaurants, and spa scheduling for Google.
- Built a room conference scheduling system for Telefonica, one of Spain's largest telecom companies, with features for managing rooms, schedule calendars, staffing, and CMS and TMS integrations.
Associate Product Developer
- Integrated a stripe payment system for accepting recurring and one-time payments and created a payment monitoring system to track and manage payments.
- Worked on the spam email checker script, which verified the existence of emails and reduced the email bounce rate by 99.9%.
- Reviewed system implementation for getting more reviews from the customers and increased the review ratio by 40%.
Conferencing Portal for Telefonica
OAuth 2, gRPC, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Spring Boot, Express.js, Hydra, .NET 5, .NET Core
Protobuf, Stripe, Stripe API, Node.js, Authorize.net, Mixpanel API, Twilio API, Pushwoosh, Web API 2
GoLand, Git, Jira, IntelliJ, Sentry, Zapier, Microsoft Excel, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Keycloak, OneSignal, Jenkins, Google Analytics, Istio, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS)
REST, Microservices, Serverless Architecture, Web Architecture
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Software Design Patterns, Docker, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows Server, Linux, Zoho CRM, LearnWorlds, Kubernetes, Kajabi, Mixpanel, MacOS
PostgreSQL, SQL Server 2017, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Azure Active Directory, SQL Server 2016
Software Development, Web Security, WebSockets, NATS, Server Security, Cloud Security, Development, Architecture, Documentation, Payment APIs, Web Server (IIS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Identity Server, Back-end, Zoho, APIs, Back-end Development, Cloud Services, Sharding, LDAP, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Telemetry, Load Balancers, Square, Apple Pay, Miro, TMS, Analytics, SAML-auth, Scalable Architecture, Maps, Airtable, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), ChatGPT, Infrastructure Security, IIS 7, ECS, IIS, OAuth, PayPal
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University Institute of Technology, RGPV - Bhopal, India
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)