Software Architect2014 - PRESENTCoMetrics
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Tableau, SSAS, AWS, C#
- Led developers on a system redesign to support new scale and market sectors.
- Migrated co-lo hosted software to AWS.
- Mentored junior developers to improve their skill level.
- Moved business logic from MDX into a new ETL process.
- Integrated SSAS cubes into Tableau reports.
Technical Architect2012 - 2014Global Information System, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Java, AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, C#.NET
- Led developers on multiple initiatives supporting clients in the natural gas pipeline industry.
- Created replacement infrastructure to support business in multiple new sectors.
- Converted all WCF services to WebAPI2 RESTful services.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Integrated continuous integration and package management into workflow.
Java Data Developer (Contractor)2011 - 2011Vivaki Nerve Center (Division of Publicis Groupe)
Technologies: AWS S3, AWS EC2, Java
- Partnered with Google for a proprietary data feed of dart search tracking data.
- Handled core code (Java deployed on AWS) throughout the project.
- Used core processing to load data into an RDS store.
- Allowed the RDS data to feed an ETL from the main store into client isolated cubes to support reporting, data-driven analysis, and data visualization platforms.
- Implemented system processes with ~10 million unique dimensions and ~100 million unique pieces of factual data per day.
Software Development Engineer IV (Contractor)2010 - 2011Microsoft Windows Azure
Technologies: F#, C#, Azure
- Partnered with the director to lead a project from proof-of-concept to a production system.
- Handled initial design and implementation of a system to monitor network device and route states and provide alerting, analysis, and reporting through a dashboard and APIs.
- Partnered with MSR (Microsoft Research) to add anomaly detection using machine learning.
- Partnered with LCA (Microsoft’s Legal Group) to review software licenses with 3rd party code.
- Scaled to support all network hardware in all Azure datacenters.
Software Developer2004 - 2010Microsoft Advertising R&D (Formerly aQuantive, Inc., Acquired in 2007)
Technologies: Windows Forms, SOAP, IIS 7, IIS 6, Windows Services, DTS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2008, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), TFS, Subversion (SVN), CC.NET, Log4Net, MSTest, MSBuild, NAnt, Windows PowerShell, NUnit, C#.NET
- Engaged in full life cycle development, including acquisition, assistance, team absorption, initial integration, scaling, architectural spike, re-architecture for full integration, release, re-scaling, and support.
- Consolidated the data of multiple search engines pulled through their APIs and represented in a canonical form.
- Worked in all levels of development on the product, including UI, middle tier components, data acquisition, data access services, and databases for multi-dimensional reporting to support 200 million records/day.
- Selected for a specialized team to redesign a currently used binary storage format to track data in a more flexible manner without sacrificing performance.
- Authored connectivity software to run deployment and scale testing in a multi-node cluster.