2014 - PRESENT
- Led developers on a system redesign to support new scale and market sectors.
- Migrated co-lo hosted software to AWS.
- Mentored junior developers to improve their skill level.
- Moved business logic from MDX into a new ETL process.
- Integrated SSAS cubes into Tableau reports.
Technologies: C#, AWS, SSAS, Tableau
Global Information System LLC
2012 - 2014
- Led developers on multiple initiatives supporting clients in the natural gas pipeline industry.
- Created replacement infrastructure to support business in multiple new sectors.
- Converted all WCF services to WebAPI2 RESTful services.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Integrated continuous integration and package management into workflow.
Technologies: C# .NET, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, Oracle, AWS, EC2, S3, Java (Android)
Java Data Developer (Contractor)
Vivaki Nerve Center (Division of Publicis Groupe)
2011 - 2011
- Partnered with Google for a proprietary data feed of Dart Search tracking data.
- Was responsible for core code (Java deployed on AWS) throughout the project.
- Used core processing to load data into an RDS store.
- Allowed the RDS data to feed an ETL from the main store into client isolated cubes to support reporting, data driven analysis, and data visualization platforms.
- Implemented system processes with ~10 million unique dimensions and ~100 million unique pieces of factual data per day.
Technologies: Java, EC2, RDS, S3
Software Development Engineer IV (Contractor)
Microsoft Windows Azure
2010 - 2011
- Partnered with the director to lead a project from proof-of-concept to a production system.
- Handled initial design and implementation of a system to monitor network device and route states and provide alerting, analysis, and reporting through a dashboard and APIs.
- Partnered with MSR (Microsoft Research) to add anomaly detection using machine learning.
- Partnered with LCA (Microsoft’s Legal Group) to review software licenses with 3rd party code.
- Scaled to support all network hardware in all Azure datacenters.
Technologies: Azure, C#, F#
Microsoft Advertising R&D [formerly aQuantive Inc. – acquired in 2007]
2004 - 2010
- Engaged in full life cycle development, including acquisition, assistance, team absorption, initial integration, scaling, architectural spike, re-architecture for full integration, release, re-scaling, and support.
- Consolidated the data of multiple search engines pulled through their APIs and represented in a canonical form.
- Worked in all levels of development on the product, including UI, middle tier components, data acquisition, data access services, and databases for multi-dimensional reporting to support 200 million records/day.
- Selected for a specialized team to redesign a currently used binary storage format to track data in a more flexible manner without sacrificing performance.
- Authored connectivity software to run deployment and scale testing in a multi-node cluster.
Technologies: C# .NET, NUnit, Powershell, NAnt, MSBuild, MSTest, log4net, CC.NET, SVN, TFS, WCF, WF 3.5, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, DTS, Custom Windows Services, IIS 6/7 – HttpHandler, ISAPI Filters, Raw SOAP, Windows Forms Applications