Software Engineer2019 - 2019Casper Sleep, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AWS, Travis
- Developed back-end systems that manage wholesale business logic.
- Implemented EDI (electronic data interchange) connections to communicate with trading partners.
- Built API clients to generate shipping documents (packing slips and shipping labels).
- Collaborated with a distributed team with members on four continents.
- Covered some parts of the application with missing specs.
Software Engineer | Project Manager2017 - 2019Freelance Work
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, Node.js, Firebase, React
- Used OOP advanced techniques to create secured and optimized RESTful services.
- Covered all production code with unit tests—resulting in simplicity and an incremental driven testing-first discipline.
- Implemented business logic with serverless infrastructures such as Firebase cloud functions.
- Built pretty, functional, and intuitive user interfaces using React, Vue.js, and other plain technologies.
- Acted as a product owner—collaborating with the client, validating work, and gathering accurate requirements.
Server Software Engineer2018 - 2018Avantica
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, RSpec, Jenkins, AWS, Docker
- Took over a flexible back-end codebase that served many web applications with pluggable features and diverse configurations.
- Controlled a robust continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure that complete a list of controls and verifications for each environment and client.
- Supervised Cron jobs and background processes that performed data parsing routines and validated external dependencies.
- Maintained a Chef recipes repository that scheduled email notifications, database backups, and other health checks.
- Refactored production and test code, removed unreachable code, and increased coverage.
Web developer2015 - 2017Percella
Technologies: Meteor, MongoDB, Express.js, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Bootstrap
- Created a web application that used hashtags to aggregate content from social media.
- Built a reactive content grid that listened to data insertions and modifications.
- Developed an embedding system that allowed users to select and include content to their websites.
- Implemented a temporary data storage system to effectively manage large volumes of data coming from content sources.
- Developed a great number of CMS and plain websites for diverse clients.