Experienced Rails Developer2015 - 2015Sassafras Tech Collective (via Toptal)
- Fixed several bugs for the app in production.
- Set up a load testing environment and instances, and executed test plans with JMeter (using Ruby).
- Optimized database and code. Conducted query analysis and Newrelic performance tracking.
- Created a standalone JS script to be used on any app with minimum configuration. The script changed the page ads with placeholders containing SVG images, information and configurations for changing its size and visualizing different layouts. It was also completely configurable through url parameters.
- Implemented a Google publisher tag mock library that was able to run against real code for GPT.
- Created a rake task for easier access to standalone scripts. BDD with Jasmine.
Ruby on Rails Developer2014 - 2015Integra GRP
- Developed applications in Ruby on Rails. Worked in 2 systems that share functionality using an engine.
- BDD using RSpec (with Capybara for feature specs).
- Did front-end work using the MV* framework Backbone.js.
- Refactored old code and extracted features from applications developed for hospitals, laboratories, and other health care industry entities to be shared with an engine.
Web Developer2014 - 2014Sensimob
- Led web app development.
- Built a single page application for managing field teams with secure messaging and geospatial intelligence.
- Started to migrate the Java back-end to a Ruby on Rails API.
- Created an in-app chat with real-time secure messaging using web sockets and RabbitMQ.
- Worked with a multicultural team.
Developer/System Analyst2011 - 2013Mitah Technologies
- Developed web applications in Java and Ruby On Rails, working both in the front-end and the back-end (with focus on the latter).
- Worked in the development and planning of systems like a coffee warehouse control and an enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Participated in requirements analysis, system modeling, and release planning.
- Presented new features and project status to clients and internal managers.
- Acted as Scrum Master on 2 projects where I was responsible to cover all points necessary to make a good Scrum implementation.