Lee Edward Bailey
Member since December 27, 2015
Lee is a full-stack DevOps architect who loves solving problems once-and-for-all. He enjoys writing tests, automating large-scale deployments, creating new libraries and frameworks, and walks on the beach. He's a natural leader and mentor. Lee is also great at building teams.
CTO2010 - PRESENTLeeward Bound Corp
Technologies: Python, Django, Ruby, Rails, PHP, Redis, HBase, Elasticsearch
- Worked on dozens of projects in the digital advertising space for over the past 8 years.
- Designed and implemented high-volume, high-availability analytics engines.
- Built tools of all shapes and sizes for acquisition, attribution and analytics to help optimize marketing efforts for large and small teams.
- Implemented API integrations with Facebook, AdWords, and more.
Contract2016 - 2016Flagship Marketing
Technologies: Python, Django, React, EC2, DigitalOcean, Docker
- Designed and implemented automatic server provisioning and health management utility.
- Created a system for orchestrating the creation of thousands of Docker containers across hundreds of VMs in 10 data-centers worldwide.
- Collected and ingested over 100,000 datapoints per minute to analyze system health and identify problems.
- Engineered self-testing docker containers that autonomously monitor and heal themselves.
- Built a real-time RESTful API for all statistics and management features.
Lead Developer + Architect2015 - 2015TrafficHaus
Technologies: PHP, Redis, MySQL
- Designed a new ad server handling a real load of 1 billion impressions per day (peaking at 20,000 impressions/second).
- Reduced server costs by over 80% (from >$30k/mo).
- Team building and leadership of a mismanaged development team increased developer output by over 2.5x.
- Increased transparency and communication between development and upper management.
- Developed a new automated movie download bot that scrapes over 100GB of video content per day.
CTO, Technical Founder2014 - 2015Rebar Secure CRM
Technologies: Python, Django
- Created a load balancing billing gateway for recurring payments.
- Optimized merchant account utilization based on cohorts and projected rebill rates.
- Scaled a team up to 5 developers and 2 support staff members.
- Developed a secure PCI-compliant credit card warehouse for storing sensitive data.
- Designed, prototyped and implemented both the front-end and back-end services.
CTO2011 - 2012BeVo Media Affiliate Tracking Platform
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Managed and motivated engineering team in developing ad tracking solutions.
- Designed and implemented a Facebook Ads uploader before the official API supported it.
- Automated testing of creative variations and tracking of stats across platforms.
- Developed user attribution model and advanced analytic segmentation.
Lead Engineer2009 - 2011Ads4Dough Affiliate Network
Technologies: PHP, Python, Amazon EC2 (beta)
- Developed auto-scaling landing page redundancy solutions for high volume media buys.
- Assisting partners with tracking pixels and software integrations.
- Developing frameworks for optimizing conversion rates across ad campaigns.
Software Developer Engineer (Intern)2008 - 2009Microsoft
Technologies: C#, ASP.Net, MS SQL
- Designed, developed, and implemented an offline-mode Windows product key authorization service for developing nations.
- GlobeTrotter (Development)
This provides real-time analytics for high volume advertising campaigns; it optimizes media buys for thousands of segments and datapoints, instantly detects outliers and problems hidden in big traffic influxes.
FrameworksFlask, Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, AngularJS
Libraries/APIsFabric, AdWords API, React, Facebook Ads API
ToolsDocker Compose, GitHub, GitLab, Adobe Photoshop, Git, SaltStack, JSX, Webpack
ParadigmsDRY, Distributed Programming
PlatformsDocker, MacOS, Linux, Android
StorageNoSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL
OtherAnalytics, Attribution Modeling, Big Data