ROOT Developer2016 - PRESENTNetProphet Technology
Technologies: Slack, GitLab, NextCloud
- Curated a small syndicate of developers and freelancers, for discussions related to both development and freelancer work culture.
- Worked for an organization that offered internal services to all members, including free email, GitLab, NextCloud, and discounted Kubernetes cluster resources.
CTO2017 - 2020ShipChain, Inc.
Technologies: Blockchain, Ethereum, Solidity, Django, IoT
- Co-founded and designed a proposal to build a new decentralized open paradigm for the shipping and logistics industry; we raised $30 million based on the whitepaper I authored.
- Attracted, screened, and hired a tight-knit, loyal team of 12 talented developers in a local office, creating a fun and engaging work environment that people loved to be in, which delivered over eight individual high-quality projects in a two-year period.
- Designed and oversaw the implementation of a full-scale blockchain-backed asset tracking system and IoT implementation (with both RaspberryPi clients and a dedicated Android app).
- Attended, spoke at, and hosted blockchain conferences around the world, meeting with industry leaders and researchers to stay atop cutting edge developments in the blockchain space.
- Drafted specifications for ShipChain Vaults, which is an open standard for cryptographically-signed append-only logs, or "blockchain in a file system," and for the OpenSCALE standards (an open framework for describing shipping primitives).
- Coordinated open-source community and dealt with P/R related to implementing and launching a dedicated "Side-Chain" (based on Loom Network technology).
- Oversaw all crypto-economic planning and design; worked closely with a large number of lawyers and economists to try to ensure we created viable economic models.
CTO2017 - 2017CapDax Crypto Exchange
Technologies: Python, Django, React, PostgreSQL
- Solely prototyped the first version of CapDax Exchange for trading cryptocurrency assets.
- Hired a team of four (remote staff and freelancers on Toptal) to support development and take over future upgrades.
- Worked closely with key stakeholders and potential "whales" to establish counteractive mechanisms to common trading fraud techniques.
- Oversaw corporate IT operations, including private hosting of internal subnet with VPN, email, encrypted chat, and GitLab.
Contract2016 - 2016Flagship Marketing
Technologies: Python, Django, React, EC2, DigitalOcean, Docker
- Designed and implemented automatic server provisioning and health management utility.
- Developed a system for orchestrating the creation of thousands of Docker containers across hundreds of VMs in ten data centers worldwide.
- Collected and ingested over 100,000 data points per minute to analyze system health and identify problems.
- Engineered self-testing docker containers that autonomously monitor and heal themselves.
- Built a real-time RESTful API for all statistics and management features.
CTO2010 - 2016Leeward Bound Corp
Technologies: Python, Django, Ruby, Rails, PHP, Redis, HBase, Elasticsearch
- Worked on dozens of projects in the digital advertising space for over the past 8 years.
- Designed and implemented high-volume, high-availability analytics engines.
- Built tools of all shapes and sizes for acquisition, attribution and analytics to help optimize marketing efforts for large and small teams.
- Implemented API integrations with Facebook, AdWords, and more.
Lead Developer | Architect2015 - 2015TrafficHaus
Technologies: PHP, Redis, MySQL
- Designed a new ad server handling a real load of 1 billion impressions per day (peaking at 20,000 impressions/second).
- Reduced server costs by over 80% (from >$30k/mo).
- Team building and leadership of a mismanaged development team increased developer output by over 2.5x.
- Increased transparency and communication between development and upper management.
- Developed a new automated movie download bot that scrapes over 100GB of video content per day.
CTO | Technical Founder2014 - 2015Rebar Secure CRM
Technologies: Python, Django
- Created a load-balancing billing gateway for recurring payments.
- Optimized merchant account utilization based on cohorts and projected rebill rates.
- Scaled a team of up to five developers and two support staff members.
- Developed a secure PCI-compliant credit card warehouse for storing sensitive data.
- Designed, prototyped, and implemented both the front-end and back-end services.
CTO2011 - 2012BeVo Media Affiliate Tracking Platform
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Managed and motivated engineering team in developing ad tracking solutions.
- Designed and implemented a Facebook Ads uploader before the official API supported it.
- Automated testing of creative variations and tracking of stats across platforms.
- Developed a user attribution model and advanced analytic segmentation.
Lead Engineer2009 - 2011Ads4Dough Affiliate Network
Technologies: PHP, Python, Amazon EC2 (Beta)
- Developed auto-scaling landing-page redundancy solutions for high-volume media buys.
- Assisted partners with tracking pixels and software integrations.
- Developed frameworks for optimizing conversion rates across ad campaigns.
Software Developer Engineer (Intern)2008 - 2009Microsoft
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL
- Designed, developed, and implemented an offline-mode Windows product key authorization service for developing nations.