Lead Back-end Developer2018 - 2022Marcel For Art Ltd
Technologies: Django, Django REST Framework, AWS, PostgreSQL, Python 3, Pytest, AWS RDS, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Amazon SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Mailchimp, Mandrill, Sentry, Mixpanel, Amplitude, CircleCI, Python
- Built the API from zero and scaled it to 100,000 users.
- Optimized ORM database queries to scale and solve N+1 problems by writing custom Django Managers and using various techniques such as prefetching.
- Wrote a comprehensive set of unit tests and set up CircleCI and coverage reports.
- Set up an infrastructure in the AWS ecosystem using Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, load balancers, and CloudFront and managed deployments to staging and production.
- Wrote an ML-driven artwork feed to deliver a custom-ordered feed to each user.
- Built payment flows for an eCommerce side of the app, allowing the purchase of artwork through Stripe and PayPal.
- Set up caching using Memcached to optimize the app speed.
- Wrote a variety of AWS Lambda functions and Step Functions.
Senior Back-end Developer2019 - 2020North Shore Automation
Technologies: Django, MongoDB, Python 3, Docker, Celery, Flask, REST, GraphQL, Python
- Developed middleware for a media asset management system.
- Built media profiles to deliver media assets to large clients such as Comcast.
- Helped build a GraphQL API using MongoDB and Flask.
Back-end Developer2018 - 2019Tickerface
Technologies: Django, Django REST Framework, Diffbot, Elasticsearch, Debian Linux, Ansible, Beautiful Soup, Python
- Developed the Django REST framework API for a mobile social shopping application.
- Helped showcase the app as the technical representative at Lisbon Web Summit 2018.
- Used scraping techniques in Beautiful Soup to keep prices up-to-date.
- Added social authentication to enable users to sign in with Google and Facebook.
Senior Back-end Developer2015 - 2018Evo Pricing
Technologies: Scrapy, Django, Python 3, Data Wrangling, Data Cleaning, jQuery, Bootstrap, HTML, XPath, CSS Selectors, Django REST Framework, Web Scraping, MySQL, Azure, SQL, Automation, Celery, Selenium, Python, Jinja
- Developed a Django UI that allowed visual training of intelligent scraping bots, email alerting, and scheduling scrapes for non-technical users.
- Ran large-scale distributed web scrapes and dealt with ban avoidance techniques such as user-agent and proxy rotation.
- Customized Scrapy and built many custom middlewares, loaders, and pipelines.
- Wrote an API in Django that allowed run scheduling and monitoring.
Back-end Developer2014 - 2016Dooster
Technologies: Django, Ajax, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Python, Jinja
- Contributed to developing a new responsive design for the Dooster app.
- Managed the DevOps, such as setting up the Linux server and database.
- Wrote integrations with Google Calendar and Google Contacts.
Back-end Developer2014 - 2015Clandestine Brewing
Technologies: Heroku, Django, Graphite, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Django Extension & Middleware, Ajax, Facebook SDK, PostgreSQL, Python, Jinja
- Used metrics via Graphite to show probe graphs of cold room temperature of beer in a custom Django admin.
- Integrated with Facebook to show the latest posts on the website.
- Redesigned the entire site from scratch to give a more responsive and fresher look.
- Integrated with Google Calendar API to show the latest brewery events on the homepage.
Back-end Developer2014 - 2014Oddsbot
- Built spiders to gather data from over 50 bookmakers and betting exchanges in the UK.
- Presented arbitrage opportunities to subscribers using a Django-driven website.
- Developed an email alerts system to alert subscribers of premium arbitrage opportunities.