Verified Expert in Engineering
Leo is a software engineer with a passion for solving hard problems and creating an impact while having fun. Leo loves everything to do with back-end development, infrastructure, containers, serverless technologies, and creating beautiful elegant solutions.
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a Java message processor to handle back pressure from AWS Kinesis into Salesforce, reducing race condition error rate from 10% to 0.5%.
Principal Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented many foundational features of a SaaS platform.
- Designed customer-friendly APIs to reduce the development burden for open banking participants.
- Developed and deployed infrastructure on AWS for customers in multi-tenant environments.
News Revenue Hub (Toptal Client)
- Migrated and consolidated Salesforce metadata into a single unlocked package.
- Migrated the development to Salesforce DX, continuous integration, and automated pipelines.
- Led the development and migration of existing features to the source-based development in Salesforce.
Senior Software Engineer
- Initiated, designed, and led the implementation of the payment platform.
- Championed full CD moving from bi-weekly to multiple daily deployments within the team; sanitized DevOps pipelines and optimized deployments using CloudFormation.
- Stepped up on security standards by applying the principle of least privilege to AWS and Salesforce.
- Created and maintained base deployment images, AWS roles, and groups.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built real-time integration service between MySQL and Firebase using Change Data Capture events.
- Replaced Minitest with RSpec and added a full suite of tests to the back end.
- Owned API back end and guarded technical implementation.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a Java message processor to handle backpressure from AWS Kinesis into Salesforce. The message processor reduced the race condition error rate from 10% to 0.5%.
- Designed and implemented processes in Salesforce for a fluid CRM from an internal and customer perspective.
- Integrated Salesforce in the overall microservices event-driven architecture.
- Led the adoption of SFDX and second-generation packaging.
- Led the design and implementation of an API back end built on Salesforce and proxied through AWS.
- Spearheaded the refactoring of a monolith into microservices using domain-driven design (this is an ongoing project). Presented about it London’s Calling conference (Europe’s largest Salesforce developer conference) using SFDX and Packaging 2.0.
- Built custom integrations with multiple external systems to guarantee consistency between services.
- Developed multiple back-end services based on AWS and Salesforce using multiple technologies, such as Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, AppSync, and Serverless, among others.
Developer | Consultant
- Worked as a technical lead for multiple projects, mentoring teams offshore and providing overall solution design.
- Spearheaded the implementation of a Salesforce app that received the award for the most innovative mobile solution in the ecosystem in 2016.
- Wrote Apex code for multiple projects in several industries like healthcare, insurance, financial services, travel, and entertainment.
- Integrated multiple types of software and services.
Home | Field Service Management
Most Innovative Mobile Solution in 2016
MessageBird Salesforce Library
Lightning Components, Spring Boot, Visualforce, Spring, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django
Salesforce API, Salesforce REST API, API Development, REST APIs, Node.js
Salesforce DX, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Git
Salesforce, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Salesforce Lightning, Back-end, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Salesforce Apex, Code Review, Source Code Review, Architecture, API Integration, Certified Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Community, Finance, Interviewing, Technical Hiring, APIs, Serverless, Open Banking APIs, CumulusCI, Web Components
Master's Degree in International Business Management
Griffith College Dublin - Dublin, Ireland
Bachelor's Degree in Business
Mackenzie Presbyterian University - São Paulo, Brazil
Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
Salesforce Certified Field Service Lightning
Salesforce Certified Application Architect
Salesforce Certified System Architect
Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
Salesforce Certified Mobile Solutions Architecture Designer
Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer
Salesforce Certified Data Architecture & Management Designer
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
Salesforce Certified Administrator
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring