Senior Database Engineer2019 - PRESENTFraedom (VISA)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Database Architecture, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Streaming Data, DB, Classification, Data, Windows PowerShell, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, AWS, Azure
- Designed and developed a data platform for a fintech company, which benefit 600,000 organisations in 178 countries.
- Worked with operations and database administrators to continuously improve production environments and helped mitigate database-related production incidents.
- Provided database expertise to engineering and development teams, for example, reviews of database designs, queries and performance optimizations.
- Designed and implemented database-related projects, e.g., data archiving, data streaming, and data classification.
Senior Database Administrator | Database Developer2016 - 2019Aderant
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Database Design, Database Modeling, Obfuscation, AWS, Windows PowerShell, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Optimized and supported databases for a global industry leader in providing comprehensive business management software for law firms.
- Served in a multi-purpose role that combined the responsibilities of a database administrator and database developer.
- Designed and implemented the database architecture and developed a database feature as a service to internal development teams.
- Mentored and coordinated internal database-related development projects across all product teams, including a cloud-based product (AWS) along with providing solutions for database issues from the CRT (critical response team).
Database Administrator (DBA)2013 - 2015Volkswagen Finance China
Technologies: Mirroring, Clustering, Linux, MySQL, Windows PowerShell, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Worked for the top-level auto finance company in China, as part of the Volkswagen Group, one of the largest automakers worldwide.
- Served as a development/production database administrator and worked on release processes in a highly available database topology, featuring clusters and availability groups under SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- Defined the disaster recovery, designed and built the SQL Server, and reviewed, managed, and developed SQL Server DBA best practices.
- Implemented the upgrades and support of the SQL Server along with performance-tuning and troubleshooting issues.
- Monitored alerts and fulfilled other general DBA duties.
Database Administrator (DBA) | Developer2011 - 2013Websense
Technologies: Salesforce, Visual Basic, Ruby, PHP, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Supported a database and IT system for a global company with 2,000+ employees.
- Developed tools to integrate and monitor the availability and performance of IT services and infrastructure.
- Dealt with database work involving high availability, emergencies, monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning.
- Oversaw the database disaster recovery and security, database deployment, maintenance and management, and migration upgrade.