Verified Expert in Engineering
Database Engineer and Developer
Leo Hu is not just a traditional database administrator (DBA), engineer, and architect with 12+ years of database engineering and architecture experience—he is a passionate data guru. Leo prefers proactive database monitoring and thrives on projects where he has to solve severe problems and design an efficient database solution based on the client's requirements. Leo was named a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and also has an AWS certification as a cloud practitioner.
SQL, SQL Server DBA, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is developing and maintaining the databases of the biggest law firm software company.
Senior Database Engineer
- Designed and developed a data platform for a fintech company that benefits 600,000 organizations in 178 countries.
- Worked with operations and database administrators to continuously improve production environments and helped mitigate database-related production incidents.
- Provided database expertise to engineering and development teams, such as reviews of database designs, queries, and performance optimizations.
- Designed and implemented database-related projects, e.g., data archiving, data streaming, and data classification.
Senior Database Administrator and Database Developer
- Optimized and supported databases for a global industry leader in providing comprehensive business management software for law firms.
- Served in a multi-purpose role that combined the responsibilities of a database administrator and database developer.
- Designed and implemented the database architecture and developed a database feature as a service to internal development teams.
- Mentored and coordinated internal database-related development projects across all product teams, including a cloud-based product (AWS), along with providing solutions for database issues from the critical response team.
Database Administrator (DBA)
Volkswagen Finance China
- Worked for the top-level auto finance company in China as part of the Volkswagen Group, one of the largest automakers worldwide.
- Served as a development and production database administrator and worked on release processes in a highly available database topology, featuring clusters and availability groups under SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- Defined the disaster recovery, designed and built the SQL Server, and reviewed, managed, and developed SQL Server DBA best practices.
- Implemented the upgrades and support of the SQL Server along with performance-tuning and troubleshooting issues.
- Monitored alerts and fulfilled other general DBA duties.
Database Administrator (DBA) and Developer
- Supported a database and IT system for a global company with 2,000+ employees.
- Developed tools to integrate and monitor the availability and performance of IT services and infrastructure.
- Dealt with database work involving high availability, emergencies, monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning.
- Oversaw the database disaster recovery and security, database deployment, maintenance and management, and migration upgrade.
Database Archiving Solution
Push-mode Data Streaming for SQL Server
Optimization of Complex Queries and Stored Procedures
Database High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solution Design and Implementation
SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), SQL DML, Python, PHP, Ruby, Visual Basic
Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access
Database Development, Database Design, ETL
Windows, Oracle, Azure, Apache Kafka, Linux, Salesforce, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Microsoft SQL Server, Database Administration (DBA), Database Architecture, Database Security, Database Triggers, Database Modeling, Database Mirroring, SQL Server DBA, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Pipelines, Azure SQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora
High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Database Clusters, Classification, Obfuscation, Clustering, Mirroring, Data Engineering, Data Processing Automation, Data Processing, Data Queries, Data-level Security, Data Visualization, Data Warehouse Design, Excel 365, Data Cleaning, Reports, CSV, CSV Export, Data Extraction, Documentation, Database as a Service (DBaaS), Streaming Data, Reporting, Data Analytics, Dashboards, APIs, Cloud, Amazon RDS
Windows PowerShell, .NET, ASP.NET
Bachelor of Management in Information Management and Information System
Beijing Information Technology Institute - Beijing
AWS Certified Database - Specialty
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
MCSA — SQL 2016 Database Development
MCSE — Data Management and Analytics
MCSA — SQL 2016 Database Administration
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
MCITP — Database Administrator 2008