Verified Expert in Engineering
Leonard is a software architect and senior full-stack developer with over 28 years in the software industry. This allows him to quickly understand and translate the client's needs from functional to technical specifications to product design and development. He worked for HP, Groupe HN, Natixis, Airbus Defence and Space, Bayer, Murex, Safebridge, Enel, Airbnb, Boeing, Zurich University, Nati, United Nations, Lennar Corp, etc.
Linux, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Full-stack Development, Full-stack, D3.js, React, Node.js, Next.js
The most amazing...
...project that I've architected was MyEnel, which eases the B2B and B2C energy contracting experience for more than two million users monthly.
- Fixed the logic of the data visualization application running on large screens or resolutions.
- Tracked and fixed bugs with Jira and Kanban and cross-reviewed code.
- Implemented data visualization widgets using D3.js and fed them using a back-end Express.js API that caches Snowflake queries.
UX/UI and Data Visualization Full-stack Developer
Brandwork Studio Ltd
- Developed a web app for management of the Peoples' Climate Vote for the United Nations and Oxford University.
- Managed the project using Jira and Bitbucket and deployed it on AWS EC2.
- Met client expectations with over 400,000 visits every month.
- Developed the front end of a management platform for a US company that is used to monitor and analyze live data from the mining fields.
- Wrote user stories, led scrum meetings and interviews, met stakeholders, tracked incident metrics like MTBF, MTTR, MTTA, and MTTF, and wrote code.
- Oversaw the deployment process and helped the client organize the testing process to efficiently accomplish the delivery phase and report bugs.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Developed the platform's front-end used by US mining companies to acknowledge and manage the information from the mining fields' machinery.
- Developed React components and containers. Solved bugs and tracked them using Scrumban in Jira.
- Refactored React class components to functional components using React hooks.
Mile Technology DWC LLC
- Created the first-in-the-world full flight cabin simulators for DAT Center, including simulator projects: the 777/A330 (EVAC system), a business jet with 6deg of a liberty motion system, and the A320/B737 with 6deg of a liberty motion system.
- Designed and developed all systems platform architecture (hardware and software): the visuals system for real-time simulation of all cabin windows and the cockpit view as well as FDM model software.
- Built a module for linking E2M's motion platform host and AB's PLC with Mile Technology's iOS.
- Implemented a module for recording/playing flight missions, a module for flight analyzing flight scenarios models, an iOS for A320/B737, and a business jet (multiple models);
- Developed simulation software for aircraft pilot training for various aircraft companies such as Boeing, CAE, and Airbus.
- Worked on UPRT, rehosting of advanced instructors operating stations for Boeing 767.
- Implemented the EET integration on Rediffusion for Boeing 747 using C and C++.
Senior Full-stack Architect
Fullscreen Digital SRL
- Designed and developed two projects: the Enel (MyEnel) platform and a large business marketing platform.
- Worked on Enel's platform architecture which included building authentication and authorization modules, setting workers for MyEnel to synchronize the web nodes with Enel's ERP through Tibco gateway, and making React components.
- Created LBM's React components and developed and architected the async Bull queues system; also developed the PWA.
- Led a small full-stack team for developing international web projects for Airbus Defence and Space, Bayer AG, and Zurich University.
- Managed a four developers team in agile mode to accomplish all company projects. Migrated all company projects from subversion to Git. Implemented Jira for all company projects.
- Architected and developed scenario management for an internal project at Airbus Space and Defence.
- Created and developed the simulation app game for testing egocentrism in small or large companies' teams at the Psychology Department of Zurich's University.
- Led a software developers team and developed complex web application projects for important clients like Natixis and BP.
- Integrated Salesforce to the internal human resources platform.
- Architected and developed Mon Expert: an internal platform for selling proofs of concept.
Enel | MyEnelhttps://enel.ro
I was working as a senior architect with hands-on in the back and front end.
Large Business Marketing
I worked as a hands-on senior full-stack developer and then as a senior architect.
I started as a senior full-stack developer, and then I was the engineering manager.
I worked alone on this spinoff from Zurich University in the Psychology department. The application was played to major teams like Bayer AG, Porched Group, and Airbus.
Redux, FeathersJS, React Native, WebApp, Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap, Material UI, OAuth 2, MUI CSS, Spark, Next.js
React, Node.js, REST APIs, jQuery, D3.js, Beautiful Soup
Sequelize, Mongoose, Git, Auth0, Sentry, Figma, OpenSceneGraph
Agile Project Management, Web Architecture, Scrum, Kanban, Microservices, API Architecture, UI Design, Agile, REST, Data Science, Web UI Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD)
Linux, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Mapbox, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
MariaDB, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
IT Project Management, Fintech, Entrepreneurship, Web Scraping, TypeORM, Full-stack Development, Charts, Full-stack, Front-end, Scrumban, Projects, Open Source, OAuth, Authorization, Authentication, Serverless, Single-page Applications (SPA), APIs, Architecture, System Architecture Design, Data Visualization, Web Applications, SaaS, Back-end, Apollo, Node-gyp, Fintech Consultant, Big Data, Large Scale Distributed Systems, Supervised Machine Learning, Machine Learning, Decision Modeling, Models, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Big Data Architecture, Digital Banking, Networking, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Dashboard Development
PhD Degree in Project Management
Free International University of Moldova - Chișinău, Moldova
Master's Degree in Banking and Financial Management
Andrei Saguna University - Constanța, Romania
Applied Plotting, Charting, and Data Representation in Python
Big Data Analysis with Scala and Spark
Data Science in Python
Python Data Structures
Databases with Python
Using Python to Access Web Data
Functional Programming Principles in Scala
University of Michigan
Probabilistic Graphical Models
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring