QA Engineer2019 - PRESENTAlteryx (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Jenkins, GitLab, Git, Pytest, Pywinauto, Python
- Created and maintained automated test scripts using Pywinauto (Python and desktop applications).
- Built and maintained a Jenkins pipeline to run regression and unit tests on a regular basis.
- Migrated all existent test scripts from a custom test framework to Pytest.
- Created a mechanism to run the test scripts on the software in multiple languages.
- Setup GitLab to run code-style checks after each merge request was created.
QA Engineer2018 - 2019CI&T
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cassandra, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS, Jenkins, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Cucumber, Java, Ruby
- Validated and evaluated reviews in advance.
- Analyzed the causes of internal defects and suggested actions.
- Performed exploratory, integration, performance, and UAT tests.
- Collaborated closely with other teams to analyze and resolve issues.
- Create automated tests scripts using Cucumber with Ruby and Java.
- Defined and documented the test strategy and integration/system test cases for new features.
- Monitored quality indicators by planning countermeasures and prepare forecast indicators for future sprints.
- Worked with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
- Led and owned quality strategy of the assigned Scrum team to ensure the right level of product quality.
- Worked as a member of an Agile Scrum team delivering high-quality software.
- Participated in code reviews.
- Shaped the team mindset to be compliant with specification-by-example practices.
QA Engineer2012 - 2018Base 2 Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Xcode, Python, C#, Java, Jira, Apache JMeter, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Git, Hiptest, Mantis, TestLink, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SoapUI, Visual Studio, TestComplete, Selenium WebDriver, Express.io, XCUITest, Node.js, Protractor, Mocha, Jasmine
- Developed and applied testing processes to meet client needs.
- Maintained and built a solid automation solution from the ground up.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Organized testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Participated in the continuous improvement of test/development process and methodologies.
- Drove the QA team to test effectively and efficiently to meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Provided key metrics about application health and defect status on a regular basis.
- Built and managed a team of up to 15 QA engineers.
- Managed and prioritized QA environment usage.
- Owned the architecture and implementation of automation test frameworks across web and back-end APIs.
- Defined necessary test automation, design automation flow, and share implementation effort with a software engineer.
- Led, mentored, up-skilled, and inspired other automation engineers.
QA Tester2009 - 2012Teknisa Software
Technologies: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Delphi
- Executed smoke tests and functional tests in QA.
- Reviewed change requests and provided a level-of-effort estimate.
- Worked with developers to identify the source of software issues.
- Created tickets for issues that are identified and communicated and followed up with them.
- Ensured that issues are either resolved or escalated to the appropriate team members.
- Provided regular status updates to the project team, supervisors, and project managers.
- Tested and reviewed new/changed areas of the system to ensure that existing functionality is preserved.
- Set up and maintained a variety of testing environments.
- Implemented and performed change management procedures following company standards.
- Communicated QA metrics, test results, concerns, and project status to the management team and other stakeholders promptly.