Senior Data Scientist2019 - PRESENTBCG Digital Ventures
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS, TensorFlow, OpenCV, Python
- Used stereo vision and image segmentation on satellite imagery to aid an infrastructure company in vegetation management. The system was used to map the risk of vegetation encroachment with assets.
- Developed a Twitter analysis dashboard to measure tweet sentiments, a network of influencers, and visualize trends per tag/time to aid strategic designers in research.
- Developed a gradient boosting model for activity classification using sensor data for a supply chain startup. The system was used to track illegal activity at different points in the supply chain.
- Built image classification models for crop recognition and crop pest/disease recognition for a farming startup. The system supported advisory for smallholder farmers in southeast Asia.
- Built a recommender system for a cashback program startup, enabling personalization of content to drive engagement in the platform.
- Created a performance dashboard for a farming startup using Data Studio and BigQuery.
Data Scientist2018 - PRESENTToptal Project
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), TensorFlow, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Python
- Built an object detection model for medical image analysis using TensorFlow.
- Created a data science strategy for a lending start-up.
- Created a trading Forex back-testing platform using Python and AWS.
- Created Forex trading algorithms using Bayesian machine learning and deep learning with technical indicators as features. Used Python, TensorFlow, and TensorFlow-probability.
Senior Machine Learning Consultant2018 - 2019Servian
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Keras, TensorFlow, Hadoop, AWS, Spark, Scala, Python
- Developed and deployed a churn model using gradient boosting for an insurance company.
- Developed and deployed a convolutional network for customer spending forecasting using TensorFlow, Ansible, Docker, ECS, DynamoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- Developed and deployed a text classification system using a convolutional model using TensorFlow and Spark.
- Designed a data science strategy for a major financial institution. Mentored junior data scientists.
- Explored a large corpus of insurance claims data using association rule mining, topic modeling, semantic similarity, and other text mining techniques.
- Created a open domain chatbot based on machine comprehension (Facebook's DrQA) using PyTorch, Flask, React, and DialogFlow.
- Assisted in the development of a person tracking system using Yolo v2 and Kalman filters for a major Australian retail company.
- Assisted with a markdown system based on demand forecasting using Facebook's Prophet and revenue optimization using mixed-integer linear programming.
Data Scientist2017 - 2018Mojo Power
Technologies: Tableau, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambda, Python
- Developed and deployed a serverless linear model for load forecasting using Python, NumPy, and AWS Lambda.
- Created a proof-of-concept Hidden Markov Model for load disaggregation.
- Developed a model for credit scoring of energy customers.
- Developed and deployed an LSTM model for load forecasting using PyTorch.
- Developed dashboards for analytics reporting on energy usage using Tableau.
- Used topic modeling for exploratory data analysis of customer reviews.
- Worked on a PoC for solar panel detection on satellite images using Facebook's Detectron.
Quantitative Developer2016 - 2017Macquarie Bank
Technologies: Plotly, C#, Django, Vagrant, Microsoft SQL Server, Kdb+, Python
- Parsed and analyzed unstructured data of logs of order execution into SQL Server.
- Back-tested optimal execution strategies.
- Developed a Plotly dashboard to visualize market data.
- Tested and investigated new trading strategies.
- Tested machine learning algorithms for commodities trading.
Quantitative Researcher2012 - 2016Comissão de Valores Mobiliários
Technologies: Microsoft 365, BusinessObjects, IBM Cognos, Cognos 10, Python, SPSS, Microsoft SQL Server, R
- Developed regulatory research studies using statistical modeling (estimation and hypothesis testing).
- Created market risk reports and visualizations with time series analysis and forecasting using R.
- Elaborated a risk monitoring system using Monte Carlo simulation and statistical estimation using Java.
- Developed a data warehouse to aggregate data related to market risk and development of BI reports using BusinessObjects.
- Led a data governance group to discover and catalog data sources across the whole organization.
Business Analyst2010 - 2012Brazilian Institute of Metrology
Technologies: UML, Java, IBM Cognos, Cognos 10
- Processed modeling and analysis using BPM.
- Monitored business KPIs on Cognos dashboards.
- Gathered requirements for internal systems developed by a development factory.