Senior Application Analyst2020 - PRESENTFiserv
Technologies: Python, Java, Databases, C#.NET
- Implemented highly performant data processing.
- Conducted third-party architectural reviews.
- Performed third-party code reviews and analyses.
- Built the system architecture.
- Ensured data security.
Contract DBA (Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)2019 - 2020Anthem, Inc.
Technologies: Stored Procedures, SQL Stored Procedures, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 12c
- Optimized the code for Oracle implementations supporting the client's internal and third-party process.
- Optimized the code for Microsoft SQL Server implementations supporting the client's internal and third-party process.
- Provided code reviews and improvement recommendations to the teams.
- Implemented code to automate Oracle database maintenance processes.
- Developed recommendations for next step performance troubleshooting steps.
Senior Software Development Specialist2016 - 2019Sedgwick CMS
Technologies: Visual Studio, C#.NET, Cross-platform, Triggers, PL/SQL, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database 18c
- Developed and configured software tasks based on operational requirements in an Agile project/development environment using a legacy system.
- Optimized the database process.
- Shared my database expertise with the development team.
- Moved the legacy reports/code from SQL Server 2008 to Oracle 18c.
- Composed system documentation.
- Mentored the junior staff.
Database Administrator — Consultant2015 - 2016Office of Ohio Secretary of State
Technologies: Cygwin, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Application Express (APEX), Oracle RAC, Oracle, SQL, Oracle SQL, Oracle 11g
- Migrated the core system from Oracle 11gR1 on Windows to 12cR1 on Linux.
- Administered to the Oracle APEX development environment.
- Established the Oracle system migration process and schedule with virtually no downtime.
- Optimized Oracle SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Implemented a payment card validation process using PayPal web services.
- Mentored in-house development and DBA teams.
- Implemented a secure code deployment process.
Development Database Administrator (DBA)2012 - 2015JPMorgan Chase
Technologies: Oracle RAC, Transact-SQL, SQL Stored Procedures, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 11g
- Designed and configured an Oracle 11g development database.
- Supported a geographically distributed team (100+ on/offshore developers).
- Migrated the core database system from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 into Oracle 11g.
- Built complex views, triggers, and stored procedures in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL in support of the development team.
- Developed an upstream automated database code deployment scripting system.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Exceptional Innovation, LLC
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Transact-SQL, SQL, Web Services, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET, ADO.NET, LINQ to SQL, LINQ, Microsoft Visual Studio, C#.NET
- Found solutions to performance bottlenecks in the front-end (C#.NET) and back-end (Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014) layers.
- Rectified SQL Server concurrency issues enabling simultaneous read and writes (by redefining process architecture emulating PostgreSQL transaction insulation).
- Resolved external vendor errors in contractually supplied data (in Oracle - remotely).
- Implemented Transact-SQL scripts enabling incremental deployment of functionality with transparent handling of partial/aborted runs.
- Performed Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014 installation, configuration, and patching.
Application Development Lead2004 - 2010JPMorgan Chase
Technologies: Java, XML, HTML, Oracle SQL, Eclipse, IBM Rational, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#.NET, Toad, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL
- Ported a legacy Microsoft Access business process to Oracle 10.2.
- Developed a C#.NET data transfer utility with automatic process control and notification.
- Wrote scripts for common Oracle administration tasks and data migration.
- Implemented HTML and XML report generators.
- Contacted the administration and provisioning of department-based oversight for remote Oracle environments.
Programmer/Analyst 42002 - 2004State of Ohio, Department of Health
- Developed a multiformat data loader (C# & Oracle 8i).
- Implemented ETL process on Oracle 8i.
Delphi Programmer2001 - 2002American Electric Power
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, ActiveX, Libraries, Delphi
- Developed and automated a station design system on Oracle7/8i in Delphi.
Software Engineer2000 - 2001Managed Care Software
Technologies: HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), X12, ASCII, Enterprise, Delphi
- Developed an EDI module in Delphi to support HIPAA format (ASCII X12).
Software Engineer1998 - 2000EDICT Systems
Technologies: HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), X12, ASCII, Delphi
- Developed eCommerce (ASCII X12 standard) apps in Delphi 1/4/5.