Senior Software Development Specialist2016 - PRESENTSedgwick CMS
Technologies: Oracle 18c, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2014, SQL, Transact-SOL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures and Triggers, Cross-platform Code Migration, Database Code Optimization, C#.NET, Visual Studio
- Developed and configured software tasks based on operational requirements in an Agile project/development environment using a legacy system.
- Optimized the database process.
- Shared my database expertise with the development team.
- Moved the legacy reports/code from SQL Server 2008 to Oracle 18c.
- Composed system documentation.
- Mentored the junior staff.
Database Administrator — Consultant2015 - 2016Office of Ohio Secretary of State
Technologies: Oracle 11g & 12c, Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, Oracle Packages and Stored Rrocedures, Oracle RAC, Oracle APEX, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle SQL*Loader, Oracle Export and Import Utilities, Cygwin, Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Migrated the core system from Oracle 11gR1 on Windows to 12cR1 on Linux.
- Administered to the Oracle APEX development environment.
- Established the Oracle system migration process and schedule with virtually no downtime.
- Optimized Oracle SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Implemented a payment card validation process using PayPal web services.
- Mentored in-house development and DBA teams.
- Implemented a secure code deployment process.
Development Database Administrator (DBA)2012 - 2015JPMorgan Chase
Technologies: Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL Packages and Stored Procedures, Transact-SOL Stored Procedures, Oracle RAC
- Designed and configured an Oracle 11g development database.
- Supported a geographically distributed team (100+ on/offshore developers).
- Migrated the core database system from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 into Oracle 11g.
- Built complex views, triggers, and stored procedures in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL in support of the development team.
- Developed an upstream automated database code deployment scripting system.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Exceptional Innovation, LLC
Technologies: C#.NET 3.5 and 4.0, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and 2010, LINQ and LINQ to SQL, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, WPF, Web Services, SQL, Transact-SOL Stored Procedures and Triggers, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Found the solutions to performance bottlenecks in the front-end (C#.NET) and back-end (Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014) layers.
- Rectified SQL Server concurrency issues enabling simultaneous read and writes (by redefining process architecture emulating PostgreSQL transaction insulation).
- Resolved external vendor errors in contractually supplied data (in Oracle - remotely).
- Implemented Transact-SQL scripts enabling incremental deployment of functionality with transparent handling of partial/aborted runs.
- Performed Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014 installation, configuration, and patching.
Application Development Lead2004 - 2010JPMorgan Chase
Technologies: Oracle 9.2 & 10.2 SQL & PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Toad, C# .NET, ASP.NET, MS Visual Studio, IBM RAD 6 & 7, Eclipse, Oracle SQL, HTML, XML, Java
- Ported a legacy Microsoft Access business process to Oracle 10.2.
- Developed a C#.NET data transfer utility with automatic process control and notification.
- Wrote scripts for common Oracle administration tasks and data migration.
- Implemented HTML and XML report generators.
- Contacted the administration and provisioning of department-based oversight for remote Oracle environments.
Programmer/Analyst 42002 - 2004State of Ohio, Department of Health
- Developed a multi-format data loader (C# & Oracle 8i).
- Implemented ETL process on Oracle 8i.
Delphi Programmer2001 - 2002American Electric Power
Technologies: Delphi 4, 5, and 6, Custom Libraries and ActiveX Controls, Oracle 7/8i SQL and PL/SQL
- Developed and automated a station design system on Oracle7/8i in Delphi.
Software Engineer2000 - 2001Managed Care Software
Technologies: Delphi 4 (Client/Server Edition), Delphi 5 (Enterprise Edition), EDI (ASCII X12 and HIPAA)
- Developed an EDI module in Delphi to support HIPAA format (ASCII X12).
Software Engineer1998 - 2000EDICT Systems
Technologies: Delphi 4/Delphi 5, EDI (ASCII X12 and HIPAA)
- Developed eCommerce (ASCII X12 standard) apps in Delphi 1/4/5.