Verified Expert in Engineering
Lev’s specialty is finding elegant solutions to complex problems. He is a natural problem solver who likes to dig deep. Lev's been in the industry for nearly two decades, riding the continuous wave of changes in the tech world. What hasn’t changed though, is his unwavering desire to find ways for technology to keep improving our lives. He has a solid background in Agile, team recruitment, automation, deployment, and migrations.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...software I've created was a custom smart email proxy, useable via SMTP, providing templating, indexing, and a searchable archive for over ten million messages.
Solidbase Consulting, Ltd.
- Recruited a remote-working team of highly capable engineers, working on several enterprise projects.
- Oversaw an automated build and deployment which was adopted by the entire engineering department, and based on Octopus Deploy.
- Developed a Cloud-based sales agent commission payment system, replacing an old, ineffective batch-style system.
- Designed and developed a web-based product management administration interface, for managing complex energy marketing products. Integrated single sign-on using Azure AD (OIDC).
- Mentored senior developers.
- Acted as the go-to for tough technical challenges, and lent my expertise with the design and architecture of their internal systems.
Just Energy Corp.
- Led a team of in-house developers on a mission to transform the company’s web, and digital presence.
- Created high-value solutions with both internal and external teams, and worked on a multitude of large, varied projects.
- Developed a high-throughput custom email gateway system, accessible via standard SMTP, offering templating, indexing, and a searchable archive for over ten million messages.
- Created a new generation online enrolment portal system supporting multiple markets and jurisdictions.
- Designed a flexible product management system to support the online enrolment portal.
Speedscan NZ, Ltd.
- Provided technical leadership to the development team, and problem-solving to the business.
- Transformed development processes to align more with Agile methodologies. Educated the business on the benefits of the new approach.
- Set the vision, and designed the next generation configurable workflow system to drive the primary document scanning and hosting business.
- Completed a revamp of the line-of-business document scanning and processing workflow system, solving the security and performance bottlenecks of the old system.
- Acted as advisor to senior management on the future technical roadmap for the business. Researched new emerging technologies, and made recommendations.
- Developed a flexible rule engine using dynamic .NET expressions, supplied via system configuration for each client solution.
- Worked on various features for the Ghost Solution Suite product.
- Oversaw the User Profile Migration product through several releases, redesigning, and enhancing the internal structure according to best practices of encapsulation, and modular design.
- Injected .NET 2.0 WinForms customized DataGridView control into C++, Win32 API, and wxWidgets applications.
- Managed the work of a remote offshore team of contractors in India.
- Juggled virtualized environments to test the product on a variety of OS versions.
Practiv (NZ), Ltd.
- Developed enterprise-level web applications for UK-based financial industry clients.
- Delivered a brand new C# layer over an existing Java forms processing engine. Oversaw the project planning, architecture, and development of the actual solution.
- Developed an enterprise-level web application for a UK-based insurance provider, allowing online access to pensions.
- Provided technical expertise for the design of the middle-tier, and heavily involved in the technical architecture of the web front end.
- Led a small team to implement a new web-based front end.
Orion Health, Ltd.
- Developed a Rhapsody Integration Engine product, used by domestic and overseas health industry clients.
- Developed graphically intensive user interface applications such as a drag-and-drop workflow designer, using C++, MFC, ATL, C#, and WinForms.
- Developed a high-performance C++ message parsing engine using Boost, and STL.
- Designed, and implemented a Java-based workflow server back-end with an MSSQL, Oracle database persistence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in various design and implementation stages. Involved in the architectural design process.
- Designed and developed custom software in C++ for controlling and automating Internet Café management. The solution was successfully deployed, and used in the production environment.
- Developed a custom website for an online flower and gifts business.
University of Auckland
- Designed and developed a custom client-server application for remote execution and automation of legacy image processing software with a Unix-C-based server, and Java-based visualization client.
- Designed and developed a C++ and MFC GUI front end for visualizing image processing algorithms during their execution.
Express.js, .NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, OAuth 2, AngularJS, ASP, Angular, Bootstrap, Bulma
Node.js, React, jQuery, REST APIs, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices
AWS Lambda, MacOS, Win32, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
SQL Server 2016, Amazon DynamoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Azure SQL
Serverless, Octopus Deploy, Team Mentoring, OpenID Connect (OIDC), DCOM, Amazon Kinesis, Semantic UI
TFS, Docker Compose, Travis CI
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Development
University of Auckland Business School - Auckland, New Zealand
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Auckland - Auckland, New Zealand