Python Developer in Chicago, IL, United States
Data Engineer2016 - PRESENTAuth0
Technologies: Python, Redshift, Airflow, AWS, Terraform
- Created an ML-based customer health score that was able to improve sales and customer success personnel allocation by 80%.
- Designed and developed an over-quota tracking process that drove a campaign to half a million dollars in increased ARR, 10% of the quarter’s ARR gains.
- Developed and maintained a Redshift data warehouse along the entire pipeline: Coordinating with other engineering teams for designing import processes; ETL design and implementation; Dimensional modeling; Coordinating with the business community to ensure effective use of the data warehouse; designing Machine Learning processes to aid in decision making and gain insights.
- A Tour Through TensorFlow with Financial Data (Development)https://liamconnell.github.io/jekyll/update/2016/07/18/a-tour-through-tensorflow-with-financial-data.html
A tutorial that runs through implementations of Deep Learning algorithms as applied to the problem of stock market prediction using TensorFlow. It takes the philosophy of using TensorFlow's lowest level tools in order to build a solid understanding of auto-gradient software and the ML algorithms themselves.
This project has been very popular since it was released, especially since at the time of release (early 2016), TensorFlow was a new technology and tutorials had stayed comfortably in the sphere of toy implementations like MNIST digit recognition. I regularly responded to monthly emails from researchers attempting to replicate the code, many of whom were Ph.D. candidates themselves.
LanguagesPython, SQL, R
Libraries/APIsTensorFlow, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Keras, Pandas, PySpark, Spark ML
StoragePostgreSQL, Redshift, MongoDB
FrameworksMachine Learning, Django, Django REST Framework
OtherTeaching, Data Warehousing, Online Tutoring, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Variational Autoencoders, Image Recognition, AWS Cloud Architecture, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Predictive Modeling, Financial Modeling, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Reinforcement Learning
ToolsTerraform, Apache Airflow
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics2011 - 2015Colby College - Waterville, Maine