Verified Expert in Engineering
Logan is a full-stack engineer who has been developing web applications for more than 14 years. He has worked with a wide variety of organizations, ranging from startups to large corporations, on projects that required knowledge about web applications, distributed systems, scientific computing, and embedded software. Nowadays, his primary tools are Node.js, Meteor, Ruby on Rails, Python, and PHP.
Vagrant, Git, Vim Text Editor, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've achieved through software automation is reducing the time-to-market of wind turbine blades by several weeks.
- Improved real-time analytics performance using MongoDB MapReduce.
- Successfully rebuilt the platform on Amazon Web Services, using EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, and ElastiCache to increase availability and reduce costs.
- Implemented a connectivity platform in Ruby on Rails.
- Optimized performance to achieve <15ms average response time and handle >1000 rps.
- Implemented a pattern recognition algorithm for allowing the end user to design URL rules without typing.
Structural Design Engineer
LM Wind Power
- Reduced errors and improved time-to-market by automating wind turbine blade design processes and reporting.
- Increased transparency and understanding of manufacturing processes by implementing a 3D visualization tool in C++/OpenGL.
- Designed and built a collaborative design and documentation platform and REST API using Oracle/C++/Python.
- Implemented and deployed embedded software for real-time processing of sensor data.
- Built and open sourced a C++ REST client for mapping APIs to an object model.
- Built marketing-specialized CMS for a startup.
- Built custom applications for various clients.
- Created a social platform and photo sharing service for cooking hobbyists with geo-indexing.
- Delivered lots of client websites built with a simple and intuitive custom CMS.
- Developed an order-management platform for a startup.
- Developed an automated domain queueing and registration tool for sunrise periods.
- Implemented an online ad analytics platform.
- Implemented internal frameworks for web applications.
- Maintained an in-house CMS.
- Integrated web shops with the customer's Axapta system for generating product spec PDFs dynamically.
Freelance Software Consultant
- Built a CMS targeted for entertainment industry professionals.
- Helped build a credit card processing platform.
- Developed a member management application for political organizations.
- Maintained a custom CMS for a large-scale website.
- Implemented a tool for managing and sharing of large assets through WebDAV.
Sinatra, Flask, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ember.js, Boost
REST, Model View Controller (MVC), Model View Viewmodel (MVVM)
Meteor, MacOS, Linux, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Amazon EC2, Heroku
MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Memcached
Cython, Game Development
Adobe Illustrator, Vim Text Editor, Git, Vagrant, MATLAB
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and Computer Science
University of Southern Denmark - Odense, Denmark