Software Engineer2015 - 2018Braze
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Knockout.js, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, GitHub, JenkinsCI, Papertrail, Sentry, New Relic
- Developed a web application for internal use using Ruby on Rails, React, MongoDB, and Memcached. I used Sidekiq, and Redis for message queueing, and JenkinsCI for running tests, and deploying the application. Papertrail, New Relic, and Sentry were used for error tracking, and debugging.
- Developed a web application usage analytics UI. I recorded web application usage events in MongoDB, displayed charts of aggregations of user actions and page visits using React, and Highcharts.
- Created an integration with SendGrid API for email account setup, domain authentication, IP warming, and IP pool setup. I built the UI using React for users to interact with the SendGrid API, display validations for domains, and download IP information.
- Built Salesforce and Gainsight integration with the platform using Salesforce API, and AWS S3 buckets. I created daily cron jobs to send, and receive data between Salesforce, and Gainsight.
- Created a Ruby style guide for developers. This prevented engineers from creating bugs, and reduced the time needed for review by automatically enforcing style rules using Rubocop.
- Created UI for creating marketing campaigns and sending push notifications using Ruby on Rails, Mongo, and Knockout.js.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Fitmoo
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Backbone
- Built a calendar for fitness events using Backbone, and the FullCalendar.js library.
- Developed a search bar using Elasticsearch for a social network site to search for users, and events. I created the back end with Rails, and PostgreSQL, and the front end with Backbone.js.
- Built an Instagram integration to create social posts from Instagram posts. I used Instagram API, PostgreSQL, and Sidekiq to create posts asynchronously.
- Developed iOS, and Android apps using Cordova, Ionic, and Angular. I used Ruby on Rails, and PostgreSQL for the back end, and storage.
- Developed a video posting feature using Vimeo API, Backbone for the front end, and Ruby on Rails, and PostgreSQL for the back end, and storage.