Software Engineer2019 - 2020Appear Here
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Git, Mapbox, Datadog, Jenkins, Amazon EKS, Kubernetes, AWS ECR, AWS ECS, Terraform, AWS, GraphQL, REST, Kanban, Cypress.io, Jest, React, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Improved the Apdex score from 0.6 to 0.85 by analyzing and introducing front-end and back-end optimizations.
- Reduced CI runtime from 1.5 hours to 45min, resulting in happier developers and better cycle time.
- Stabilized CI builds from 30% to 90%, mainly by fixing either flaky tests or flaky parts in the system.
Software Engineer2018 - 2019Gousto
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Git, Go, Amazon SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS ECS, AWS, CircleCI, REST, Scrum, Cypress.io, Jest, React, MySQL, Python, Codeception, PHPUnit, Test-driven Development (TDD), Lumen, Laravel, PHP 7
- Moved Gousto's recipes' source of truth from a monolith to a new microservice.
- Developed specs for a messaging contract to help other teams slowly migrate and move closer to the event-driven architecture we had envisioned.
- Led refinements and retrospectives, planned team capacity, and tracked metrics as the squad's agile champion. Planned Gousto-hosted tech events as an events champion.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Amara
Technologies: Docker, Git, Behat, Gherkin, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Jenkins, Kanban, React, MySQL, PHPUnit, Symfony, PHP 7
- Delivered core repository features, optimizations, fixes, implementations, and key migrations from Symfony 1 to Symfony 2.
- Planned systems architecture changes for future scaling.
- Brought VarCon to PHP: https://github.com/AmaraLiving/php-varcon.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Composity
Technologies: Docker, Git, Behat, Gherkin, DevOps, UX Design, REST, Kanban, AngularJS, React, MySQL, PHPUnit, Symfony, PHP
- Proposed and introduced peer code reviewing and Agile practices (Kanban).
- Recommended and implemented a simpler design and UX for the admin panel, proposed migration from AngularJS to React for a better mobile experience, and demonstrated how React works.
- Delivered features for the company's core products and planned and executed incremental architectural changes.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Owned it
Technologies: Git, MySQL, Java, CodeIgniter, PHP
- Delivered new features to the core product and planned day-to-day development tasks.
- Planned and executed integrations with additional eCommerce platforms.
- Trained (and learned a lot from) a graduate programmer; together, we introduced better programming practices within the team.
- Supported clients in integrating our service, both online and on-site.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Lemon
Technologies: Flash ActionScript, Flash, MySQL, CodeIgniter, PHP 5
- Planned and delivered a systems integration for one of our biggest clients.
- Delivered a project for The New York Times, using Flash for animation and ActionScript for the logic.
- Delivered changes to our regular customers' websites.
- Planned and executed server migrations, ensuring minimal downtime and usually during off-hours.
- Developed in the pre-Git, almost-pre-framework era.