Verified Expert in Engineering
With over a decade of programming experience and over eight years as a business owner, Lorand knows the importance of excellent communication and understanding with a client. He's obsessed with high quality and attention to detail, and he strives to find the best solutions possible. He currently focuses on using Magento or TYPO3 in his projects.
The most amazing...
...element of my work is the quality I offer and all the know-how I gained from many years in the industry.
Front-end and Magento Developer
- Revamped the header, footer, and the main menu based on Figma designs.
- Rebuilt the login, register, and account modals and dedicated pages based on Figma designs.
- Reconstructed various internal account pages based on Figma designs.
- Developed a configurator module for Magento 2 where you could configure your product with many options and see a real-time preview.
- Developed business management software with Laravel and Vue.js where users could manage income/expenses, employees, and reports.
- Developed a Laravel + Vue.js SaaS for website monitoring.
- Relaunched a website using the new Vue Storefront PWA as the front end and Magento 1 as the back end.
- Developed and integrated a TYPO3 and Magento connected shop, that used the exact same theme, but shared features like cart/accounts, where TYPO3 was used for the CMS pages and Magento for the shop functionality.
- Developed a custom PHP MVC framework that was used for a few custom websites.
- Developed an online Excel-like website using a custom PHP MVC framework where you could create multiple sheets, and in each, you could create N columns/rows, use formulas also from other sheets and generate reports.
- Developed a TYPO3 website that also included a big database that was exposed to a mobile application by creating custom API endpoints.
- Developed a custom PHP website for video games and movies, that supported a user account, favorites, and reviews.
- Developed a custom PHP website that worked as a shop, taking all products from advertisers and aggregated all on my website.
- Developed a custom PHP social media website, more of a Hi5 clone, that supported user accounts, public profile, albums, photos, comments, and much more.
- Developed tens of presentation websites in HTML, CSS, and PHP.
Magento 2 Sunglasses Shop
1. Sunglasses Configurator - using all the data from customers' local database, I have created a configurator where users could choose their frame, lens color, lens types, add options, and see a real-time preview of the final product, but also input their prescription and medical data. At the end, users could get a price and the option to order that
2. Custom B2B functions for dealers like a quick order and a save cart module for later re-order feature
3. Custom API endpoints where the ERP could take data from
Magento 1 + TYPO3 6 Connected Website
As the only developer in this project, I successfully achieved the goal, creating a great connection between Magento and TYPO3, both having the exact same design, so users would not notice the change between the two systems while surfing on the website.
This also included custom Magento API endpoints and custom modules in TYPO3 that allowed to reproduce certain shop functions like a shopping cart into TYPO3 as well for consistency.
For this project, I also developed a quick order feature, and also integrated B2B functionalities.
Magento 1 Gift Shop with Wedding Registry
I was the only developer, and by making some custom modules, I managed to fulfill the requirements.
This included a nice area in the admin as well to manage couples/registries and all their purchased or partially contributed products, so these could be sent to the couple after the wedding date.
Laravel Order Management System with Import to Magento 1
They could order products, re-order existing ones, and manage all the product-related data (name, description, options, categories, images, prices) directly in this system. Once the order arrived in their warehouse and was processed, everything was imported into Magento and update/create products accordingly.
One of their goals was efficiency in using the system so, in the end, they could create multiple orders and thousands of products in a day. We used data from their past orders, generated reports, and finally predicted data for a faster order process.
The import of the data into Magento was done by a custom made Magmi plugin.
TYPO3, Laravel, Zend Framework, Bootstrap, Knockout (Knockout.js), Prototype Framework
Node.js, jQuery, ImageMagick, Vue
Android, Magento, Magento 1, iOS, Magento 2, Linux CentOS 7
Algorithm Development, Freelancing, Embedded Software, Mobile App Development, Back-end, Ubuntu Server, Cloudflare
Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab, NGINX, Apache, PageSpeed, PhpStorm, Photoshop CC, GitLab CI/CD, Xcode, Webpack
High School Diploma in Mathematics and Informatics
PETRU MAIOR - Reghin, Romania
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring