Principal Engineer2019 - PRESENTFirstblox
Technologies: AWS, Python, Serverless Framework, AWS ECS, AWS IAM, AWS EC2, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, Elasticsearch, React, AWS DynamoDB, Amazon Cognito, Linux, Docker, PostgreSQL, Serverless, Continuous Integration (CI), Architecture, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Built and delivered an AWS cloud platform for a legaltech business with 99% IaC, 100% continuous integration, zero manual application deployments, and zero configuration drift, and 100% of the changes were auditable and traceable.
- Developed a secure and cost-optimized architecture in line with the AWS Well-Architected framework for a regtech business. Delivered automated and scheduled document parsing with a 100% success rate and 99% IaC coverage.
- Built a 100% serverless platform for a logistics business with an extremely low total cost of ownership, 100% IaC coverage, and 100% continuous integration, and the platform cloud autoscaled seamlessly.
Head of Cloud Engineering2017 - 2019The Eclair Group
Technologies: AWS, Python, APIs, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Serverless, Ansible, AWS CloudWatch, AWS ECS, AWS EC2, AWS DynamoDB, AWS RDS, AWS IAM, AWS S3, Amazon Cognito, Product Roadmaps, Architecture, Code Review, Microservices, DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Technical Hiring, Penetration Testing, DevOps Engineer
- Developed a globally scalable infrastructure with 100% IaC coverage.
- Architected and developed a multi-tenanted, multi-account, cross-region system architecture for tier-one banks.
- Coordinated feature releases, held scoping meetings, performed code reviews, hired new talent, and worked closely with C-level executives and product owners on the product roadmap.
- Hired and collaborated with data engineers to design and develop data management systems in a microservices environment.
- Created APIs with Python to support the product's analytics offering.
- Developed DevOps pipelines and software delivery capabilities using CI/CD tooling, serverless-based automation, and notifications.
- Designed and developed AuthN and AuthZ capabilities in a multi-tenanted microservices environment.
- Worked with third-party penetration testers to provide test environments, performed remediation steps, and introduced recommended enhancements to the product roadmap and priorities accordingly.
- Ensured that the product infrastructure and architecture were secure at all layers.
Senior DevOps Engineer2013 - 2017NBN Co
Technologies: Ansible, AWS, Puppet, AWS EC2, Continuous Delivery (CD), Product Monitoring, Cloud Environments, Environmental Design, Architecture, MySQL, AWS CloudFormation, AWS IAM, GoCD, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), DevOps Engineer
- Assumed the role of environment manager across departmental data center servers to standardize and manage environments through automated means via IaC.
- Served as the continuous delivery lead during a company-wide move to a DevOps-style methodology across all departments. This involved working with departments and stakeholders to automate the SDLC of various enterprise-grade COTS products.
- Oversaw the infrastructure design, development, and provisioning on AWS of GoCD CI/CD clusters for multiple departments across the organization.