Data Engineer Consultant2015 - PRESENTQuantillo
Technologies: Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Oracle 12c, SQL, PL/SQL, Airflow
- Led data architecture and back-end development for Quantillo's tailored BI products.
- Created descriptive/predictive analytics.
- Designed and implemented data pipelines which were later migrated from bash/cron jobs to Airflow (Python).
- Migrated all ETL jobs from Oracle PL/SQL to Spark (Scala).
- Designed and implemented several tailored revenue optimization algorithms in PL\SQL, which were later migrated to use Spark (Scala).
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Emirates Airline
Technologies: Hadoop, Python, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Java
- Developed data models, algorithms, and back-end services to manage and analyze customer loyalty network for millions of daily users (6TB of data with a live rule engine for rating).
- Planned and implemented back-end fixes, batches, and upgrades.
- Migrated part of the reporting processes to Hadoop stack (SQPop, Hive, Impala, and HDFS).
- Handled security governance, unified monitoring and notification, data aging policies, and workload capacity handling techniques.
- Received Najm (Star) Award for a scalability solution project of the Skywards loyalty program.
Data Architect & Database Administrator2011 - 2013Syriatel Mobile Telecom
Technologies: Bash, Python, Oracle 9i~11g, SQL, PL/SQL
- Designed and implemented various data replication, scalability, and cloning strategies for production, pre-production, staging, testing, and development environments.
- Provided 24/7 support for over ninety databases (~100TB) and thirty application servers with various availability options including RAC, Data Guard, HA clusters, and ASM.
- Managed and enhanced a shell-based Syriatel file management system (pulling, distributing, and loading).
Database Administrator2010 - 2011Yarmouk Private University
Technologies: Bash, Oracle Database, Oracle APEX 4, Oracle Linux, Python
- Managed data integration among various systems (academic, financial, integrated library system ILS and learning management system LMS).
- Planned and implemented enterprise information strategy, a BI portal, a Koha integrated library management system, and Moodle content management system.
Software Developer2007 - 2009AIU
Technologies: Oracle APEX 3.1, Application Server 10gR2, Oracle Heterogeneous gateways, Warehouse Builder 10g, OBIEE 10g
- Built an enterprise BI portal from the ground up including warehouse design, ETL, mining modules, and presentation.
- Developed an AIU student portal and a customized HRMS.
Application Developer2005 - 2007Cham Palace Hotel
Technologies: Oracle Database 9i, Oracle Forms 10g & 6i, Oracle Reports 10g & 6i, C#
- Designed and implemented a complex reservation module as a part of the entire hospitality system.
- Contributed to end-to-end hospitality system implementation and customization in ten hotels and three branches.