Application Architect2019 - PRESENTThe European Commission's Science Hub ([email protected])
- Designed and developed an automatic data processing pipeline to simulate the evolution and growth of all forest areas in 26 European countries from 2015 up to 2050.
- Predicted the state of the forested areas in the coming decades based on the current forest inventory (surface, species, age), as well as projections of demand for wood products from the market.
- Developed predictions according to several scenarios that are aimed at helping decision-makers in Brussels to establish policies.
Freelance Consultant in Data Science, Biology, Education, and IT2016 - 2018Sinclair.Bio
Technologies: Python, C, Git, LaTeX, Django, Flask, ML, System Administration
- Consulted on various projects for different partners across Europe.
- Developed online platforms.
- Built custom pipelines.
- Conducted ecological analyses of microbial communities.
- Worked on other projects that are under NDAs.
Post-doctoral Fellow2017 - 2017University of Geneva
Technologies: Python, LaTeX, Git, Excel, PyCharm
- Enrolled in the laboratory of Molecular Systematics & Environmental Genomics.
- Performed ecological studies on microbial communities using high-throughput DNA sequencing.
- Wrote scientific articles for publication.
- Collaborated with over-seas scientific partners.
Lead Teacher for Graduate Python Course2016 - 2016Uppsala University
Technologies: Python, Git, Big Data
- Designed and obtained funding for a Python course aimed at data analysis in STEM fields.
- Taught up to 20 PhDs students at a time.
- Taught theory, provided exercises, and graded personal projects during the course.
Scientific Assistant in the Bioinformatics Core Facility2010 - 2012École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Collaborated as a consultant with different laboratories within the university on research projects.
- With a team helped to develop and use novel tools for processing and analyzing genomic high-throughput sequencing data catering to their scientific questions.
- Developed longer lasting software and online platforms designed to be used by our scientific partners in research. One major project was an interactive genome browser.