Freelance Consultant in Data Science, Biology, Education, and IT2016 - 2018Sinclair.Bio
Technologies: Python, C, Git, LaTeX, Django, Flask, ML, System Administration
- Consulted on various projects for different partners across Europe.
- Developed online platforms.
- Built custom pipelines.
- Conducted ecological analyses of microbial communities.
- Worked on other projects that are under NDAs.
Post-doctoral Fellow2017 - 2017University of Geneva
Technologies: Python, LaTeX, Git, Excel, PyCharm
- Enrolled in the laboratory of Molecular Systematics & Environmental Genomics.
- Performed ecological studies on microbial communities using high-throughput DNA sequencing.
- Wrote scientific articles for publication.
- Collaborated with over-seas scientific partners.
Lead Teacher for Graduate Python Course2016 - 2016Uppsala University
Technologies: Python, Git, Big Data
- Designed and obtained funding for a Python course aimed at data analysis in STEM fields.
- Taught up to 20 PhDs students at a time.
- Taught theory, provided exercises, and graded personal projects during the course.
Scientific Assistant in the Bioinformatics Core Facility2010 - 2012École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Collaborated as a consultant with different laboratories within the university on research projects.
- Helped, in a team, develop and use novel tools for processing and analyzing genomic high-throughput sequencing data catering to their scientific questions.
- Developed longer lasting software and online platforms designed to be used by our scientific partners in research. One major project was an interactive genome browser.