Verified Expert in Engineering
Lucas' past projects provided him with a variety of developer skills, which he knows how to apply to almost all levels of performance, availability and scalability issues. He worked with a lot of technologies which allows him to use the right language to solve the right problem.
Git, Google Chrome, ITerm, Vim Text Editor, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was the new CMS of R7.com. In doing so I used a lot of technologies like RabbitMQ, EventMachine, Scala, Rails, Sinatra, Solr, Varnish, etc.
- Supported an existing website built with Ruby on Rails, MySQL and AWS.
- Created a new mobile application using Backbone and PhoneGap to facilitate the communication between customers and clients.
- Created recipes to automate the existing infrastructure of any environment.
- Created a new payment system, integrating with MoIP and PayPal.
- Created daemons responsible for processing messages from SQS. Used REST to keep the system decoupled.
- Created a platform using ImageMagick to support images in different formats and sizes.
- Created a gem to paginate queries on databases using Mongoid and MongoDB.
- Created the infrastructure to cache every page using Varnish and HTTP Headers.
- Created a gem that enables REST communication between CMS and Delivery platform.
Developer, Instructor and Consultant
- Taught courses in: Basic Java, Web Java, EJB Java, Agile (XP and Scrum), Ruby on Rails and Rspec.
- Worked as Chief Editor for InfoQ Brasil. Responsible for translating, creating and reviewing technological articles.
- Wrote the first Brazilian book about Ruby: "Ruby a linguagem mais divertida".
- Created two courses, one on Hibernate and one on JSF.
- Supported open-source projects like: Caelum Stella, Restufie, etc.
- Supported a WMS system using JSP, Servlets, Struts 2.
- Created a system using Google Web Toolkit, Hibernate and Oracle to manage the main Education Company in Brazil.
- Created a system using Google Web Toolkit, GXT and Hibernate to track the company's assets.
- Coached other developers, teaching them how to use Google Web Toolkit and how to test, using JUnit.
- Performed a big refactoring on WMS system to replace Struts 2 with Vraptor.
- Supported an existing system responsible to manage the school students' information, using SWT and Prevayler.
CMS for R7.comhttp://r7.com
My team worked to build a new solution to replace it, using Ruby, Event Machine, RabbitMQ, Varnish, and various other tools. Today the project is still growing, so that proves our effort in building a quality system was worth it.
Capybara, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Google Web Toolkit, VRaptor, Sinatra, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), JUnit, Apache Struts 2, Padrino, AngularJS, JSF
Rack, Backbone.js, EventMachine, jQuery, Underscore.js, Backbone.Marionette, Redis Queue, Prevayler, Amazon API, SWT, AMQP, Mahout, Facebook API, Twitter API, Google Maps
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), RSpec, Vim Text Editor, RabbitMQ, MacVim, ITerm, Chef, NGINX, RVM, Eclipse IDE, Varnish, Git, Capistrano, GCC, Google Cloud Messaging, SBT, Nagios, Passenger, MySQL Workbench
Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Plain Old Ruby Object (PORO), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Functional Programming, DevOps
MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Memcached, SQL Server 2000, HDFS
New Relic, MacOS, Ubuntu, Google Chrome, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, Windows, iOS
Relational Database Services (RDS), Mailchimp API
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Ribeirão Preto University - Ribeirão Preto - SP