Lead Developer and Software Architect2019 - 2020Motoreco Parts
Technologies: Serverless, Vue, Laravel, PHP
- Architected and developed a complete PHP and AWS based serverless solution to support the client's daily operations as an MM/year auto-parts retailer. All of the solution's "moving parts" (from the PHP-compute to the MySQL database backend) scale automatically to meet the client's online-retail traffic needs and warehousing/supplier batch-processing needs, with absolutely no system administration required.
- Designed and developed a sophisticated WMS and fulfillment management system with a Vue.js interface and a GraphQL API back end (part of the solution mentioned above) based on client specifications but also leveraging my own UX experience to simplify existing workflows.
- Developed an entire CI/CD pipeline with orchestration between multiple AWS services (including Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora, S3, Elasticache, and Elasticsearch), GitLab and Cypress-based automated integration tests.
Software Architect2019 - 2019Undisclosed Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS CodePipeline, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, React, Node.js
- Designed the complete system architecture and AWS technology orchestration for large-scale CMS with HA and CI/CD requirement, based on AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, AWS CodePipeline, React, and Node.js.
Senior Node.js Developer2019 - 2019Alteryx (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Node.js
- Identified and improved the architecture and performance pain points in the React code in one of the client's flagship products. The client is traded on the NYSE and the product I worked on is actively being used by customers, so details are still under strict NDA.
Lead Node.js/React Developer2018 - 2019Brightsave.se (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, GraphQL, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Serverless, React, Node.js
- Architected a complete end-to-end microservice-based scalable and high-availability frontend and backend solution based on AWS services and leveraging open source technologies like React and Node.js.
- Developed an entire CI/CD pipeline consisting of a complex orchestration of multiple AWS services (including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, and Aurora) to build, test and deploy several serverless APIs and client apps.
- Designed and developed several serverless GraphQL APIs with Node.js, leveraging multiple AWS services (including Cognito, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, and Aurora) to serve as a back-end for multiple client apps.
- Designed and developed several responsive PWA client apps using a React/Redux/Sagas stack, leveraging AWS Cognito for user authentication and authorization, including authorization and access to the aforementioned GraphQL APIs.
Lead React Developer2017 - 2017Shiparta.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Sagas, Redux, React
- Developed a React/Redux/Sagas PWA solution to support the client's fine-art shipping-management business. Requirements included consuming a pre-existing JWT-authentication based REST API written in Python, as well as adapting an older UI design to the modern responsive and async requirements of a PWA.
- Reversed-engineered legacy Python code to figure out endpoint architecture and interfaces for a legacy API with loosely maintained documentation.
Lead React Developer2017 - 2017Moment Studios (via Toptal)
Technologies: Firebase, Sagas, Redux, React
- Developed a React/Redux/Sagas PWA solution to support the client's mobile app with Instagram-like functionality. Requirements included consuming a pre-existing JWT-authentication based REST API.
- Built an independent PWA solution to act as a back-office/administration interface that the client's employees would use to moderate user content.
- Got up to speed quickly, self-managed and kept the project on track with minimal project specifications.
Freelance Consultant2011 - 2017Freelance Work
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PowerMTA, MySQL, PHP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, DevOps, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Serverless, React, Node.js
- Refined back-end code for Green Horse Games` MVP, a browser-based racing game, on the heels of their round A.
- Implemented 2Parale Affiliate Network's long-term DevOps and SysOps strategies as well as consulted on expanding their tech team and development efforts.
- Architected and developed the first local/regional cashback platform.
- Architected and developed a complete PWA solution based on a purely-mathematical model for the statistical analysis of the European secondhand auto market, the goal of which being to estimate a fair purchase price and life-time maintenance cost of any make and model vehicle purchase.
- Architected and developed a multi-campaign tracking system for mobile-app user acquisition with Facebook ads and the Facebook Ads API for Mavenhut.com.
- Architected and developed a web-based A/B testing solution, for PPC and PPV ad campaigns, based on a mathematical model for statistical significance, for Affiliate Window Ltd.
CTO2009 - 2011eRepublik Labs
Technologies: IBM WebSphere, MySQL Clustering, DevOps, LAMP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Oversaw the overall staffing strategy as well as day to day technical operations, including managing the supporting technical and financial infrastructure necessary for a team of roughly 30 people.
- Initiated and led the effort to architect and implement what were, at the time, bleeding-edge DevOps strategies (DevOps was a little known buzz-word back then).
- Helped the company transition its flagship product, a browser-based MMO, into the modern age and support a fast-expanding user base, on the heels of their series A funding.