Android Engineer2021 - PRESENT
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Java, RxJava, Retrofit
- Worked on the platform as part of the AndroidX team to improve the framework used by the Pinterest app with more than 500 million downloads.
- Migrated critical functionalities such as the Experiments framework and Analytics to use Retrofit and RxJava.
- Enhanced our core platform to make it easier for product teams to develop features on top of it.
Android Software Architect2016 - PRESENTGlobant
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Java
- Led the authentication and fraud controls team with 14 people, including developers and QA engineers, to design, develop, and implement one of the most significant and highly visible projects called Next Generation Authentication.
- Improved the Android app build time by 30%, which helped speed up our delivery process to hundreds of banks.
- Led the Prometeo and Hades teams with 19 people in total, including developers and QA engineers, to design and create the framework to be used by our new brand banking applications.
- Started the migration from Java to Kotlin and delivered the first feature entirely written in Kotlin called biometric authentication.
- Provided internal Kotlin training to share my experience with everyone in the company.
- Achieved a perfect score in development quality during the 2018 performance assessment.
- Joined the mentoring program helping out Android developers to grow in their careers.
Mobile Developer2015 - 2016Mediabyte
Technologies: Android, iOS
- Increased the new Android projects delivery velocity by 40% using a small library I built with many common components.
- Successfully led both Android (two developers) and iOS (one iOS developer) development teams for the biggest project in the company, a mobile app for a European bank.
- Provided training sessions to different teams about best coding practices to help them succeed on their projects.
Mobile Game Developer2014 - 2015Laberinto BTL
Technologies: Android, LibGDX, C++, Box2D
- Built and successfully delivered an Android game that has more than five million downloads.
- Developed trivia and jumping games with thousands of downloads.
- Improved the app performance by integrating Box2D into some of our already existing games.
Android Developer2014 - 2014Kodevian Studio
Technologies: Android, iOS
- Created a simple Android game integrated into a startup app that achieved third place in the RedEmprendia Spin 2014 contest, earning a USD $10,000 reward.
- Developed many small Android applications that were used as MVPs for different startups from Peru.
- Successfully delivered an iOS Application to try out clothes and outfits within the application.