.Net Senior Engineer2016 - PRESENTGlobal HITSS
Technologies: Visual Studio 2015, ASP.NET MVC 4, SQL Server 2016, T-SQL, Entity Framework, jQuery, Team Foundation Server, WCF, C#, XSLT, XML, JIRA
- Worked for Esurance USA remotely using a VPN and a Virtual Machine located in Esurance’s headquarters in a multicultural team.
- Developed and maintained improvements to the main system for policy administration.
- Addressed existing support tickets and added bug reports to the system.
- Created solutions related to Esurance services built in WCF and made several improvements to minimize production errors.
- Analyzed data issues, writing queries on SQL Server 2016 and looking for data inconsistencies, to provide data corrections and check for bugs or logic errors.
- Analyzed performance in stored procedures using SQL Server Execution Plan to improve them and changing the T-SQL code.
- Implemented Team Foundation Server as the code repository.
- Led technical projects, providing support, guidance and assigning tasks to team members from India and Mexico.
- Attended meetings with Esurance managers and technical leads to discuss recurrent issues and how to solve them.
- Attended team meetings to provide task status weekly.
- Provided guidance/assistance to other teams to solve their incidents.
.NET Senior Developer2015 - 2016Reclu IT
Technologies: Visual Studio 2013, ASP.Net MVC, WebAPI, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, Entity Framework, jQuery, Team Foundation Server, T-SQL
- Consulted for Walmart Mexico headquarters. The project’s objective was to migrate old ASP websites to ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI.
- Analyzed code for ASP web pages with the purpose of migrate them to ASP.NET MVC.
- Wrote technical documents to migrate ASP websites to Visual Studio Solutions for ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI.
- Architected the new service layer, working closely with Microsoft consultants.
- Developed WebAPI services for the service layer.
- Developed web pages using ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, and CSS.
- Developed the back-end and data access using Entity Framework, taking either a database-first or code-first approach, depending on context.
- Designed databases, adding new tables to the current DB and improving some relations, indexes, and schemas, among other things.
- Developed new stored procedures for SQL Server 2012 using T-SQL.
- Wrote SSIS services to migrate data between databases; some were migrations from DB2 to SQL Server or Informix to SQL Server.
- Implemented Team Foundation Server for code and database versioning.
- Attended scrum meetings.
Technical Project Manager2014 - 2015DEINTEC
- Handled management of the development team and estimated the project scope for each sprint, as well as the general scope and product backlog.
- Attended meetings to review the scope and deliverables with the customer.
- Served as the scrum master and point of contact between developers and customers.
- Provided technical direction for development, design, and on-site systems integration.
- Provided technical direction to manage SQL Server databases and source code using the Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Created and executed development plans and reviewed them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Gathered user requirements and wrote user histories with the business analyst under my command for new projects.
- Switched roles as necessary to DBA or IT architect. Worked with Scrum methodology.
- Reviewed code quality and database design. Made the most important decisions related to DB design and coding.
.NET Senior Engineer2013 - 2014Softtek Mexico
- Managed configurations and TFS, including version control, branches, and deliverable packages.
- Developed web features using ASP.NET MVC but focused on back-end and WCF services.
- Transferred knowledge of the full database model to developers. Made database changes and version control as the development DBA.
- Developed SSIS packages for imports from Oracle to SQL Server 2008. Also worked on SSIS deployments and how to trigger them using SQL Jobs.
Freelance Senior .NET Developer2012 - 2013American Mortgage Consultants, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Integration Services, Visual Studio 2012, Framework 4.0, C#, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft Enterprise Libraries, UML
- Analyzed and designed a database for business intelligence.
- Improved the production database, adding indexes and reviewing the T-SQL code in stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Migrated from DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Developed improvements in ASP.NET MVC.
Senior .NET Developer2011 - 2012Pegaso Tecnologias
- Designed and developed programs using WCF and ASP .NET MVC with jQuery, JSON, and Ajax.
- Helped design and develop the core objects for the “Digital Billing Universal Mailbox” project.
- Analyzed and designed new tables on SQL Server and developed stored procedures and functions.
Technical Leader2007 - 2010XCOMIT Consulting
Technologies: SQL Server 2008, Integration Services 2008, Reporting Services 2008, C#, Visual Studio 2008, Framework 3.5, WCF, Erwin, Project 2007, UML, Team Foundation
- Worked with XCOMIT´s clients, focusing on the most important one, "Banco Compartamos."
- Developed WCF services as part of SOA architecture to be consumed for several programs and web pages.
- Developed stored procedures, views, and functions on SQL Server to be consumed in a data access layer to many projects.
- Designed SQL Server databases as part of the core banking system.
- Ensured code quality on some projects, following Microsoft best practices and customer standards. Developed a “parser” program to handle tasks promptly and accurately.
- Designed an SOA architecture for the “payment management” project and designed a database for the same purpose, all under Microsoft consultants’ validation. Served as technical leader and worked with eight developers under me using Scrum methodology.
- Did business analysis on several projects. Handled use case diagrams and use case documentations.
- Configured and managed the SQL Server Reporting Services and coached other developers in report creation.
.NET Technical Leader2005 - 2006Consultoría TI S.A
Technologies: Visual Studio 2005, C#, SQL Server 2005, ASP.NET, Web Services, .NET Remoting, SOA, Microsoft Enterprise Libraries, Enterprise Architect, UML, Windows Server 2003
- Performed tasks related to requirements analysis and use cases. Defined the “Point of Sale” application’s architecture. This application was requested to be a “smart client.”.
- Designed the database model for the point of sale application, using the third normal form.
- Monitored my work team’s activities and quality of deliverables.
Project Leader2004 - 2005ITE Soluciones S.A
Technologies: SQL Server 2000, Visual Studio 2003, C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft Enterprise Libraries, Ajax, SAP, Source Safe, Enterprise Architect, UML, Windows Server 2003
- Led the “Billing and Inventory Management System” project.
- Architected .NET functionality and modeled the database.
- Monitored the development and quality of the development team deliverables using SQL Server .NET “best practices.”.
- Developed ASP .NET pages and some stored procedures and functions.
Senior .NET Developer2003 - 2004INFOTEC
- Developed ASP .NET web pages for different projects and developed stored procedures and views.
- Did analysis and design for the “appraisal” project, diagramming use cases and writing technical documents with class diagram and sequence diagrams.