Luis Antonio Canettoli Ordoñez
Verified Expert in Engineering
Luis wrote his first lines of code when he was 13 and has never quit since then. He is an experienced freelance developer, teaching and tutoring the full-stack course at Epicode Global, where he introduces the MERN stack to students. He worked on iOS development, system administration, UX design, and video and audio content production, and eventually decided to focus on web development. Luis is always eager to develop creative software solutions to meet clients' needs.
MacOS, Visual Studio, Slack, Discord
The most amazing...
...open source project I contributed to is Recoil, a state management library. My complementary library, Recoil-Nexus, is downloaded 8,000+ times per week on npm.
- Incrementally refactored and enhanced the main service handling customer purchases, moving the underlying technology from a legacy EJS engine to SSR Preact without interrupting the release cycle addressing data-driven product manager decisions.
- Maintained the main website (reasonlabs.com) and landing pages based on React and Next.js.
- Maintained the RAV antivirus client for Windows, which is based on Electron and React and interacting via APIs with a C# engine.
- Maintained an internal tool based on React Admin that dispatches client configurations to millions of active clients.
- Worked closely and directly with product managers to discuss the best solutions and address their real concerns.
- Maintained and enhanced distributed white-label Angular 10 applications, serving around 5,000 students looking for guidance in their academic path.
- Created a back-office data panel from scratch to update the schools' information and the courses' data.
- Handled the integration with Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL) and Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) on the front end.
- Prepared and facilitated lectures about the latest web development tech.
- Managed groups of students and helped them lead the development of team projects.
- Developed internal tools for feedback, reporting, statistics, and KPIs.
Diskreta | An E2E Encrypted Chat Systemhttp://diskreta.vercel.app
The clients generate deterministically, using a 24-word mnemonic, a pair of RSA keys, and only the public key is sent to the server. Users then encrypt the messages with their recipient RSA key and store the chat history in their device, which is encrypted using a military-grade encryption Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm and the SHA-512 mechanism for digesting their username and password as the key.
The main challenge has been the password recovery system. Without an email address to prove the user identity, the only way was to save the digest in local storage, encrypted with the generated public user key. If users still have access to the mnemonic, they will be able to regenerate the old private key, decrypt the old digest, recover the data, insert a new password and update the server with their new credentials, and re-encrypt the data with the new digest.
React, Node.js, React Redux, Socket.IO
Front-end, Full-stack Development, Recoil, Discord
Express.js, Angular, Redux, Jest, Next.js, Tailwind CSS
Visual Studio, Slack
Certified Front-end Engineer
Online Freelance Agency