Python Software Engineer2018 - 2019Spatial Datalyst (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, PostGIS, Celery, REST, Angular, OpenLayers, Slickgrid, Ansible, Terraform
- Created from scratch a Django and Angular application, for visualizing geospatial data.
- Implemented a data processing pipeline to acquire and process data from FCC, USGS, and Open Street Maps.
- Created a UI for the user to understand the wireless communications over an area and plan new installations based on terrain.
- Designed an architecture for providing a 3D model of buildings based on OSM and Lidar point cloud data.
- Prototyped 3D GIS interfaces with Cesium and Potree.
- Maintained a distributed scalable architecture on AWS with Celery, Ansible, and Terraform.
Developer2017 - 2018Avan. Tech
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Git, SubGit, GitLab
- Collaborated on the development of Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware software.
- Created a development workflow to accept merge requests from GitLab without disrupting the SVN workflow.
- Managed the release of Tiki version 18.
- Trained and supported the growth of a Brazilian team of developers.
- Assessed, hired, and supported the growth of a team of four developers in Congo.
Software Engineer2012 - 2018MOD Devices LLC
Technologies: Python, Tornado, jQuery, MongoDB
- Built an asynchronous web server embedded in an audio processor (using Python and Tornado) to synchronize the browser with the audio host and the hardware controllers.
- Implemented a pure HTML5 interface for the user to combine audio plugins to create pedalboards that run inside the audio processor.
- Created a communication mechanism between the offline audio processor and the cloud; used the browser as a router. This allows plugin installation and software updates, as well as sharing and loading audio setups to and from the cloud.
- Developed an LV2 (an open standard for audio plug-ins) extension for the creation of HTML based interfaces for LV2 audio plugins.
- Created an authentication system to identify and authorize devices to download and publish content from and to the cloud.
Founder2008 - 2017Hacklab
Technologies: Python, Django, Tornado, AngularJS, Ionic, MySQL, PostgreSQL, WordPress
- Analyzed customer businesses to design solutions that are adequate to scale and budget.
- Managed a team of 15 people.
- Participated in around 100 projects.
- Fostered relationships with customers, notably with the Ministry of Culture and Prefecture of São Paulo City Hall.
- Built a content distribution system and a video player in Python to manage videos over a network of around 1,000 televisions controlled by Linux boxes in five different big companies.
- Created OOSheet (an open software library) to develop LibreOffice macros in Python—improving the financial management of the company.
- Administered web servers to host customer content.
- Developed internal tools for collaboration and the management of team work.
Co-founder | Business Manager | Educator2009 - 2016Politeia Democratic School
Technologies: Python, Scratch, Minecraft
- Started this elementary school business with a group of educators.
- Contributed to the creation of a unique learning methodology based on projects and participation in schools decisions by students.
- Taught software programming for children and teenagers from 6 to 14 years old.
- Oriented around 20 student research projects on diverse themes.
- Built a 3D printer.
- Mediated teacher, management, and community meetings.
Developer | IT Consultant2007 - 2009COGEO
Technologies: OpenCV, C++
- Created a computer vision system to detect if a volleyball has hit the ground in or out the playing field. The system is triggered by an RFID system which tracks the ball and detects the instant the ball hits the ground and tells the approximate location of the ball.
- Worked on consulting jobs.
Web Developer2003 - 2008IPSO — Institute of Social and Technological Research and Projects
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Tiki CMS/Groupware
- Customized Tiki CMS/groupware to build portals to support online communities.
- Created a system to collect, aggregate social indicators from several sources and make territorial reports.
- Configured and maintained a webserver and mail server to host around 30 domains and emails from 200 users.
- Assisted managers in technological-related matters.
Software Development Manager2005 - 2007Digital Culture
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, MapServer, Tiki CMS/Groupware, Drupal
- Built a portal to support the communication of around 200 institutions that had been chosen by Ministry of Culture to build a cultural network in Brazil.
- Developed a portal for these institutions to exchange pieces of music, videos, pictures and documents, licensed under Creative Commons; and to collaborate in sharing tutorials on audio and video creation with free software tools.
- Created a portal for project managers and collaborators to manage the whole project.
- Trained culture agents to use the tools built the software team.
Web Developer2003 - 2003School of Future | University of São Paulo
Technologies: PHP, Perl
- Customized a Linux distribution for educational purposes.
- Built a site for online mini courses.
Web Developer2001 - 2002Sapo.pt
Technologies: Perl, Mod_perl, MySQL
- Redesigned the content index for better performance on a portal search system.
- Implemented load-balancing among content servers in Perl.
- Worked on the design of the next version of the content management system.
Senior Systems Analyst2001 - 2001Zip.net
Technologies: Perl, Mod_perl, MySQL
- Coordinated a team of four developers responsible for the portal’s online publishing system.
- Created Perl modules to serve dynamic content.
- Restored lost source code from a server crash by analyzing memory dumps to extract and parse compiled code.
Programmer2000 - 2001Internet Group do Brasil
- Built a system for Valentine's Day cards.
- Created a dynamic ad banner that dynamically loaded content, like AJAX, but before XMLHttpRequest existed. Probably the first use of this technology in a big portal in Brazil.
- Developed a DHTML popup simulating a round window which doubled the click rate of popup ads. The first use of this technology in a big portal in Brazil.
- Worked closely with the market team to optimize the portal design for better results on reports.
Programmer1999 - 2000Hypernet Interactive
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Linux
- Developed commercial sites for company customers.
- Administered the Linux web server.
Intern1998 - 1999School of Future | University of São Paulo
Technologies: PHP, PostgreSQL
- Developed a system for managing an online contest.
- Administered a Linux web server.