Senior Software Developer2013 - 2016Factora
Technologies: Proficy Workflow, Lucidcharts, Databases, XML, TortoiseSVN, SSRS, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Participated in a functional design solution and was responsible for the technical design solution, as well as ensuring the quality of deliverables and that they were in compliance with standards.
- Coached and helped others as a senior developer to create an environment that made work enjoyable. Also collaborated with others in making decisions and to facilitate the discussion and resolution of conflicts or disagreements.
- Worked and was in charge of planning, organizing, and distributing tasks effectively in order to keep track of the project in JIRA to ensure visibility. Motivated the team by having good follow-up, effective communication, and good management of technical resources to ensure the consistency of the solution. Made sound decisions on complex functional issues.
Team Lead2011 - 2013STI-Slimsoft
Technologies: Proficy, TortoiseSVN, Atlassian Confluence, Jira, SSRS, XML, .NET, SQL
- Supervised and monitored the project team; also supported the manager in the allocation and coordination of tasks during the project.
- Worked hand-in-hand with the project manager in the uprising and validation of project requirements. Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and documenting information applications to be developed. I defined what should be documented and how (designs, diagrams, etc.) as well as analyzed the impact of the requirement changes to the project.
- Identified project risks, communicating, and supporting the action plan to mitigate them and ensuring that it complies with standards (privacy, security, and data integrity) used during the project.
- Provided guidance and direction to individuals and groups for the mutual benefit. This involved members of the organization, I was responsible for motivating, inspiring action values, anticipating possible scenarios of development of the action, and leading the development objectives and its scope of competence.
- Led technical meetings with project groups and customers.
Software Analyst & Developer2007 - 2010SlimSoft
Technologies: XWiki, Proficy, VisualSVN, Jira, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET
- Worked first as a software analyst and developer creating several products that interacted with Proficy (a product developed by General Electric, broadly used in manufacturing systems). Several of the projects required strong development skills and system designs using Microsoft SQL and .NET.
- Developed SQL scripts to create stored procedures to increase performance, optimized routines to retrieve tons of data for reporting purposes, and more.
Java Software Developer2005 - 2007FINTEC S.A.
Technologies: JSP, XML, UML, Subversion (SVN), Hibernate, SQL, Java
- Worked with applications to generate debit and credit transactions between banks using SINPE (which is the platform created by the Central Bank to perform all kind of transactions between all the internet banking network in Costa Rica).
- Worked with a specific product for BAC San José to develop new products to allow to their clients to create transactions through the web in order to use several of the services offered by the Central Bank.
- Worked as a team lead later on and with the bank personnel to plan and design the next steps of the project to build other important options required by them to keep track of user transactions.