Software Engineer and Researcher2015 - PRESENTAgri-Esprit
- Worked on a web-based platform (JS/Node.js) for large-scale agricultural farm management (ERP) and related decision support systems.
- Developed a graphical tool for creating and managing the farm shapes.
- Developed a graphical tool for online tractor tracking on the map. The tractors communicate with the system by sending GPS signals.
- Developed parts of the REST API provided by the ERP in Node.js.
- Created a reusable form generation system that merges entities and edits them as a single entity transparently.
Researcher2009 - 2016Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Laboratory
Technologies: Machine Learning, OpenGL, Java, C++, C, C#
- Developed poker software with advanced opponent modeling capabilities that got second place at the AAAI Computer Poker Tournament.
- Created a poker simulator and the PGDL language that allows for the creation of poker games with custom rules, with an AI opponent that adapts to those rules.
- Built a generic multi-modal framework to add customized natural interfaces to existing games. Interaction modes include Kinect and speech recognition.
- Innovated a computer vision system which controls user interfaces.
- Programmed a 3D visualizer for an intelligent wheelchair simulator (OpenGL, OpenTk, and C#).
- Supervised over ten master's theses in the game domain.
- Finished my PhD thesis under the game theory domain.
Software Engineer2010 - 2014Fast Luza - Consultoria, Unipessoal, Lda
- Developed several back-end web-based projects from scratch, such as fire extinguisher maintenance (http://portal.fastmex.pt/), airport parking maintenance (http://www.lowcostparking.pt/site/), and computer distribution logistics software for Panama's government (http://globalwrc.com/).
- Created a digital product catalog for Android tablets dedicated to provider companies which allow order logs and data synchronization with the company's ERP.
- Worked on several front-end projects such as CMS (http://gvnova.net/) and eCommerce sites (http://xpressrepair.com/). These projects were based on an internal solution built from scratch.
- Programmed an automatic email notification system for data reporting associated with the websites I worked on.
- Managed an IIS web server/SQL Server that hosts over 60 websites.
- Built website optimization tools for marketing.
Teacher2008 - 2014Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto
Technologies: PHP, UML, Assembly, Oracle SQL, Java, PostgreSQL, C#, C++, C
- Taught a wide variety of coursework, including programming (C/C++), programming labs (Java, UML, DokuWiki), web development (PHP/Smarty/PostgreSQL), software engineering (UML), databases (Oracle), operating systems (C/C++/Unix), computational theory (state machines/regular expressions/Turing machines), and computer organization (Assembly).