Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineering Developer
Luis has more than nine years of technical experience as a software engineer, data developer, and data analyst. He has been focusing on big data technologies and machine learning models for the past three years. Luis is a versatile, analytical, and methodical professional.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Snowflake, Data Build Tool (dbt), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on is a data and ML solution to predict fire events in Montreal.
Senior Data Engineer | Lead Analytics
- Designed data integration flows using available platforms such as AWS (Lambda, Kinesis firehose, S3, and more), Azure (Data Factory, Azure SQL DB, etc.), Snowflake (SQL, Tasks, Stream, and Pipe), BigQuey, Apache Pulsar (streaming) and DBT.
- Fed the different analytical environments like OPS datamarts, finance, and more.
- Searched continuously for possible improvements to the analytical platform to better support data analytics needs, such as orchestration, architecture, data models, data quality, performance, DataOps, and MLOps.
- Contributed to both technical and user-oriented documentation of reports and metrics.
Data Engineer Consultant
- Designed a proof of concept for Twitter data analyses and data ingestion using Apache Flume to a Hadoop environment.
- Developed a machine learning model to predict fire events in the city of Montreal. The models were done in Python (Keras) using neuronal networks.
- Designed a proof of concept for an IoT project with data ingestion from different IoT devices to GCP and data visualization using Google Data Studio.
Principal Data Engineer
- Managed all data and analytics projects. Provided data-architecture design leadership and direction to reach the realization of enterprise goals. Served as a leader for data-transformation initiatives from on-premise to cloud-data technologies.
- Built strong and measurable processes, tools, and engineered data-management solutions to support all data platforms such as data warehouse, lakes, reporting/BI tools, data science, data catalog, data visualization, etc.
- Worked with developers and analysts to understand their daily workloads and suggest techniques and tools for optimization.
- Managed relationships with IT partners and vendors, security, and other teams across the company.
- Worked with data from different sources (SQL, NoSQL, text, Excel, and CSV files) to get business insights and build ETL pipelines.
- Designed and created data models as needed. Served as an expert in SQL and different data-management systems.
- Designed, built, and deployed various Power BI applications, from data extraction to data visualization, providing advanced dashboards and insights about users' activity log, CRM, and ERP system.
- Worked alongside other team members and stakeholders to gather business requirements and design KPIs.
BI Consultant | Power Platform
- Created a cost-effective solution to access key reporting and analytics. The solution was based on Microsoft Power Apps with secure access and a multi-device solution. It involved dashboards in Power BI and data connection to SharePoint lists.
- Trained the client with the use of Microsoft Power Apps and the admin portal, so the client was able to do it independently.
- Helped to improve reports on Power BI and provide some guidelines regarding the whole analytics solution.
- Managed the BI initiatives, ensure the task execution and control of the requirements. Managed the stakeholders expectations and led the team that developed a BI platform.
- Coordinated activities throughout the software development life cycle. Prioritized the request from the central operations department.
- Designed a datamart and visualization tools for the business operation of the company.
- Optimized the data architecture, recognize system deficiencies, and implement effective solutions, data warehouse creation.
- Created different dashboards and reports to provide insights about the status of the business operation.
- Presented the insights generated through analyses to all types of audiences in a storytelling format.
- Worked with management to prioritize business and information needs. Proposed and implemented various improvements in business processes, data architecture, and definition of optimal KPIs and visual types.
It was required to provide insights about user behavior and peek usage. This analysis helped to optimize the bike availability and service in the city.
These are some points that were addressed:
- At what moment we have the highest number of rides? (season, day of the week, time)
- What are the busiest bike stations?
- What are the most common starting and destination area? (popular routes)
- Behavior difference between user members and non-members. Route duration and user speed.
Microsoft Power BI, Git, Apache Impala, Tableau, Apache Sqoop, BigQuery, Microsoft Excel, Tableau Desktop Pro, Microsoft Power Apps, Impala, Flume
MySQL, Databases, Apache Hive, HBase, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Data Visualization, Data Modeling, Reporting, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Apache Flume, Google Data Studio, ETL Tools, Data Cleaning, Big Data, Data Migration, Excel Macros, Tableau Server, Data Analysis, Data Build Tool (dbt), Apache Pulsar, Data Governance, ELT
JSON API, REST APIs, PySpark, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas, Keras
Database Design, ETL, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science
Apache Pig, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter Notebook, Docker, SAP HANA, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Eclipse, SharePoint, Oracle
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
UDEP - Lima - Peru
Data Science and Machine Learning