Senior SDE Engineer for TEST2022 - 2022Freelance Client via Toptal
Technologies: Python, Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, Automated Testing, Selenium, Appium, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), QA Testing, Test Automation Frameworks, Agile, Test Planning, Test Automation, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Manual Testing
- Provided the client with knowledge and information about quality assurance tools and processes. Helped formulate a test strategy document.
- Based on feedback from the client's needs, developed a test automation framework to test the user interface end-to-end, which could also be expanded to accommodate other test types.
- Performed manual testing and reported bugs as needed.
- Collaborated with the product manager on a dashboard to automatically report test results.
- Built a test server that runs tests on a schedule independent of an engineer's machine or time availability.
QA Engineer2019 - 2019eCommerce Startup & Mattress Company
Technologies: Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test Planning, Automation, Test Automation Frameworks, Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, Test Automation, Manual QA, Python, Selenium, Website QA, Test Cases, E2E Testing, Automated Testing, Agile, Manual Testing, QA Testing
- Performed test analysis and manual test execution on the website, including product pages and checkout flows.
- Coordinated with different development teams and product owners on release schedules as part of the Agile process.
- Performed experience-based testing on defect fixes and business-critical emergency releases.
- Designed and implemented an automated testing suite for visual regression and functional regression. The automated test suite was implemented in Python and Selenium, following Cucumber-style test cases.
- Prepared testing and handover documentation for the onboarding of new QA team members.
QA Engineer2018 - 2018Afilias
Technologies: Test Planning, Test Cases, Test Automation Frameworks, Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, REST, Manual QA, SQL, Agile, API Testing, QA Automation, Docker, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Scrum, Jira, Java, Manual Testing, QA Testing, Data-driven Testing
- Worked on a project intended to be web service only, without a graphic interface, providing big data analytics services.
- Contributed to analysis, design, and priority setting for tasks, as well as being involved in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Performed test analysis and execution, including exploratory and experience-based testing where applicable.
- Tested web services, analytics processes, and databases.
- Suggested improvements in the testing process and project management process.
QA Automation Engineer2016 - 2018H&R Block
- Smoke tested and performed health checks in up to 12 applications during tax season. Applications ranged from production accounting software to in-house scheduling tools.
- Automated regression tests for the GUI using UFT for Windows-based applications and Selenium for web applications.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained an in-house API testing tool, which raised tax calculation coverage from 5% to 100% in less than a year and expanded above the initial scope to over 1.5 million tests.
- Worked on expanding the in-house tool to provide broader support for more teams, including guiding part of the team in a transition from UFT to Protractor.
- Provided training and mentoring in tools and practices to new QA team members and led research and proof of concept projects on new tools.
Quality Assurance Engineer2016 - 2016Brandtone
Technologies: Website QA, Test Planning, Test Cases, Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, E2E Testing, Manual QA, Agile, API Testing, QA Automation, Scrum, REST API Automation, Selenium, Cucumber, Java, Manual Testing, QA Testing
- Raised test scenarios and collaborated with businesses in raising requirements.
- Tested internal and external APIs for telephone and web-based marketing campaigns.
- Tested internal GUI for setting up marketing campaigns and client-facing interactions on the web and mobile devices.
- Proposed introducing new automation frameworks and helped maintain test documentation.
- Collaborated with DevOps in troubleshooting integration issues.
Junior Software Analyst2014 - 2016HSBC Global Technology Brazil
Technologies: Automated Testing, SOAP, Test Cases, Test Automation Frameworks, Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, Test Automation, Manual QA, Agile, API Testing, QA Automation, Scrum, Automation, HP Quality Center (QC), Groovy, SQL, SoapUI, Manual Testing, QA Testing, Data-driven Testing
- Raised test scenarios and collaborated with business analysts and developers on requirements and specifications.
- Wrote and executed test procedures for functional tests at system integration and regression phases for a central repository of client data of the Global Banking and Markets division, supporting 12 other applications.
- Created an automation framework and test suite to test a new back-end web service, which found defects early in development and allowed them to be fixed before the service was made available to all downstream systems.
- Provided training in automation for my colleagues.
- Designed and coded scripts to automate the daily report, which gathered data from HP Quality Center, IBM Rational Team Concert, and Microsoft Excel. I've also had to train and mentor an intern in this project.
- Worked as part of a distributed team in an Agile environment.
Software Developer2014 - 2014Cinq Technologies
Technologies: Test Cases, Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, Agile, Scrum, HP Quality Center (QC), Jira, Java, Manual Testing, QA Testing
- Wrote use cases and test scenarios for a messaging system. The project was part of an outsourcing contract, which required direct contact with the offshore client.
- Ensured the team followed Scrum and Agile guidelines.
- Kept the task board updated and prepared metrics for project management.
- Scheduled meetings, prepared the agenda, and wrote the minutes and follow-ups.
- Developed applications in Word and Excel using VBA to automate and facilitate processes in the company's sales and marketing departments.