QA Engineer2018 - 2018Afilias
Technologies: Docker, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Scrum, Jira, Java
- Worked on a project intended to be web-service only, without a graphic interface, providing big data analytics services.
- Contributed to analysis, design, and priority setting for tasks, as well as being involved in all of Scrum ceremonies.
- Performed test analysis and execution, including exploratory and experience-based testing where applicable.
- Tested web-services, analytics processes, and databases.
- Suggested improvements in testing process and project management process.
QA Automation Engineer2016 - 2018H&R Block
- Smoke tested and performed health checks in up to 12 applications during tax season. Applications ranged from production accounting software to in-house scheduling tools.
- Automated regression tests for the GUI using UFT for Windows-based applications and Selenium for web applications.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained an in-house API testing tool, which in less than a year raised tax calculations coverage from 5% to 100% and expanded above the initial scope. This tool ran over 1.5 million tests and identified at least 38 defects after all other QA cycles had been executed.
- Worked on expanding the in-house tool to provide broader support for more teams, including guiding part of the team in a transition from UFT to Protractor.
- Provided training and mentoring in tools and practices to new QA team members, as well as leading research and proof of concept projects on new tools.
Quality Assurance Engineer2016 - 2016Brandtone
Technologies: Scrum, REST API Automation, Selenium, Cucumber, Java
- Raised test scenarios and collaborated with business in raising requirements.
- Tested internal and external APIs for telephone and web-based marketing campaigns.
- Tested internal GUI for setting up marketing campaigns and client-facing interactions on the web and on mobile devices.
- Proposed introducing new automation frameworks and helped maintain test documentation.
- Collaborated with DevOps in troubleshooting integration issues.
Junior Software Analyst2014 - 2016HSBC Global Technology Brazil
Technologies: Scrum, Automation, HP Quality Center (QC), Groovy, SQL, SoapUI
- Raised test scenarios and collaborated with business analysts and developers on requirements and specifications.
- Wrote and executed test procedures for functional tests at system integration and regression phases for a central repository of client data of the Global Banking and Markets division, supporting other 12 applications.
- Created an automation framework and test suite to test a new back-end web service, which found defects early in development and allowed them to be fixed before the service was made available to all downstream systems.
- Provided training in automation for my colleagues.
- Designed and coded scripts to automate the daily report, which gathered data from HP Quality Center, IBM Rational Team Concert and Microsoft Excel. In this project, I've also had to train an mentor an intern.
- Worked as part of a distributed team in an Agile environment.
Software Developer2014 - 2014Cinq Technologies
Technologies: Scrum, HP Quality Center (QC), Jira, Java
- Wrote use cases and test scenarios for a messaging system. The project was part of an outsourcing contract, which required direct contact with the offshore client.
- Ensured the team followed Scrum and Agile guidelines.
- Kept the task board updated and prepared metrics for project management.
- Scheduled meetings, prepared the agenda, and wrote the minutes and follow-ups.
- Developed applications on Word and Excel using VBA to automate and facilitate processes in the company's sales and marketing departments.