- Head of Talent OperationsToptal, LLC2017 - PRESENT
- Acted as a liaison between product and operations teams. Ensured that operations teams get tools they need to be as successful as possible in their daily work.
- Created feature specifications and oversaw design, planing, and testing phases of projects across several different teams.
- Led a "Labs" team and managed all aspects of all of its projects. The task of the team was to experiment and move very quickly with implementing tools outside the platform that would be used by different teams.
- Managed several enterprise accounts and worked with them on creating and filling remote teams.
- Led the efforts of launching Toptal's blockchain specialization. This included creation of dozens of theoretical and practical tests, screening processes, documentations, learning materials, and public articles.
- Led the technical side in organizing a "Blockchain Challenge" event which saw several dozens of participants solving different blockchain based puzzles and assignments. The goal of the challenge was to provide fundamental knowledge for already experienced talent to start learning blockchain technologies.
- Director of EngineeringToptal, LLC2015 - 2017
Technologies: Toptal Platform
- Interacted with clients and managed engagements between clients and Toptal freelancers.
- Worked on assessing client requirements and defined project feasibility and potential costs.
- Ensured that clients are matched with the right talent for every engagement by utilizing Toptal's proprietary talent database and matching algorithms.
- Provided feedback to the product team on what kind of enhancements Toptal's clients and talent would need to be able to use the platform in a better way.
- Head of EngineeringFarmeron2013 - 2015
Technologies: .NET, ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL
- Worked on introducing new processes to the company like code reviews, modular task tracking, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and others, which in turn optimized delivery pipeline and transparency.
- Acted as technical authority when it came to software architecture and code quality. Used code reviews as means to teach new employees and ensure persistent quality.
- Used Visual Studio analysis tools to identify bottlenecks in the system and improve system overall performance.
- Organized learning and knowledge transfer activities for the engineering teams.
- DeveloperCounterBidZ.com, LLC (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, jQuery, MS SQL, EPPlus, CSS
- Optimized dozens of pages in the CMS of previous developers.
- Implemented bulk entry of items from XLS files using EPPlus, reducing the amount of time required for the data import by 80%.
- Rewrote the home page to work with Ajax instead of doing full-page refreshes, which optimized the user experience and provided significantly less strain on the infrastructure.
- Optimized custom build back-end services which managed auctions and correlated active users and their bids.
- Made UI tweaks and UX enhancements in order to optimize overall user experience and retention.
- Project LeaderFarmeron2012 - 2013
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, MS SQL
- Worked on back-end design and implementation of complex features in a custom ERP project based on VB.NET and C# technologies.
- Lead engineering teams and managed multiple cross-functional projects.
- Created multiple simulations for animal profitability and herd expansion rates which were based on extrapolation and current scientific research.
- Provided technical assistance, debugged code, managed deployment pipeline, and worked on all other day-to-day development tasks.
- Co-founderBazinga-Team2010 - 2012
Technologies: C++, Qt, C#, Java, Symbian
- Designed and developed a multipurpose scientific calculator which was first of its kind for mobile devices.
- Implemented dynamic mathematical function plotting with zooming and data extraction capabilities.
- Designed and implemented an application that evaluates complex expressions of Boolean algebra.
- Provided PR and technical support.
- Deployed Symbian mobile applications.