Android Developer2017 - 2018We Help You GmbH (via Toptal)
Technologies: Kotlin, Android Architecture Components, Java, Android SDK
- Developed an app called Weyvee, from scratch and solo, using the latest technologies in the Android ecosystem. The app is targeted at high school and undergraduate students, and allows them to post weyves which are similar to tweets, only anonymously.
- Implemented a picture editing feature for the Weyvee app that allows users to draw freehand, add text, and add stickers to the pictures they take. This feature is similar to what other apps like Instagram are offering with their stories.
- Updated an old app, called Abihome, with a range of features like unified registration and login system that works together with Weyvee; it also has an invitation feature allowing users to invite their school colleagues to use Abihome and Weyvee with them.
Android Developer2016 - 2017Collide (via Toptal)
Technologies: Kotlin, Java, Android SDK
- Set up an MVP code structure.
- Developed and optimized most of the UI elements.
- Worked on a messaging functionality using Twilio.
- Developed a live-streaming client with chat functionality.
- Wrote JUnit tests for business logic and UI.
Android Developer2014 - 2016Kudos Ltd.
Technologies: Java, Android SDK, Python
- Worked on Fly Launcher—an Android launcher which serves as a stock launcher replacement on Android phones. My responsibilities were: bottom circular toolbox, booster app with booster widget, clock widget, and more.
- Wrote a casting functionality library for Chromecast. It supports videos, images, and audio tracks with controls like pause, play, rewind, and more.
- Wrote a Caster SDK which is a wrapper for Cast libraries; these are variations on the Chromecast library that provide a similar functionality only for different devices, like Amazon Fire Stick and Roku.
- Worked with a FFmpeg transcoding library which is a small library that uses FFmpeg to transcode videos in realtime. It is used prior to casting videos to Chromecast for example. Since Chromecast supports only a couple of formats, this library transcodes to one of the supported, primarily MP4.
- Developed a custom Android Ad SDK. Its structure is similar to Google's AdMob or Appnext SDK.
Intern2013 - 2014Microsoft
Technologies: Azure, .NET, C#
- Worked on a subproject for Microsoft Office Sway app as a part of the internship program.
- Integrated an Azure Cloud SDK into the app.